Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To whom it may concern. I ordered Bassani SS Axle Back Exhaust for my car and just before I installed them I decided to call the toll free number to Bassani. Spoke with a Guy named Sheldon and told him what I ordered and he said that I will have a problem installing them. He said that they are not made for the Shelby they are made for the GT. He said the problem is that they will hit the cut outs where the tips go through and that I would need to cut the car to make them fit, and I said I won't do that. He didn't blame me. He said they are working on making a exhaust specially for the Shelby,
mufflers, headres, and x-pipe. Sending mufflers back and waiting for new model.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I really think that Sheldon is wrong about this. I put a set of Maganflows on mine that were specifically designed for the '05 Mustang GT and the fit perfectly the first try.

As a matter of fact, I installed the same setup on my Mustang GT and actually had a little trouble on that install with the bracket alignment as others on the forum here have stated in another thread. I suspect the slight alignment problems are due to a difference in just where the exhaust system lays over the axle.

My opinion, but you only have to adjust the axle-back mounting brackets.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried to install driver side and the tips was to ones side and the can itself pushed up against the valance.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I tried to install driver side and the tips was to ones side and the can itself pushed up against the valance.

That is odd.I have the FRPP (made by Borla) and they were originally made for the GT but fit perfect on the Shelby.Sound great too!

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took pictures of them on the car but having problem loading pictures to post.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have seen posts indicating a problem with the GT Bassani on a Shelby. Apparently it's close fit has caused some melting in the valance. :eek: The poster removed them and I believe went with the Corsa's.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just tried installing the mufflers on the passenger side, loosened the crossover to get more movement but no matter what I do back off muffler hits the valance. It needs about another 1/2 inch to give it some clearance.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Sheldon is the sales/service guy for Bassani...very knowledgeable on their products. I would wait for the real deal....their exhausts sound great!!

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I will be waiting for that muffler that fit this car. Still waiting for return information on my set of Bassani's that did not fit. I think they are dragging there feet.:mad:

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
I did the same thing. I'm sending mine back to the vendor today. The vendor told me Bassani should have the right ones available in about 2 weeks.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I did the same thing. I'm sending mine back to the vendor today. The vendor told me Bassani should have the right ones available in about 2 weeks.
Every time I've talked to Sheldon he says "in about 2 weeks." This is becoming the longest 2 weeks in the history of time. I wonder what the hold up is? :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
You're right. Last time I talked to Sheldon, (about a month ago) it sounded like it would be any day.:confused:

·
Registered
127 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts