·
Registered
30 Posts
Also a 1970 Shelby Gt 500 Convertible
1 of 1 color combo
$230,000.00

1968 Shelby Cobra 427
$850,000.00

I once read somewhere that Shelby turned down $10,000,000.00 for one his personal cobras - the first model of the shelby cobras

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
The same guy bought both cars and he also bought the 1st GT500 last year. I think his name is Ron Pratt. They also threw in the #2 2007 Shelby GT for sticker price.

·
Registered
67 Posts
what color Shelby GT is the # 1 car & what color was # 2 car?...shoyoright

·
Registered
78 Posts
More money than brains syndrome.
Hardly.

Had you known the details, you might have said otherwise. The fellow who bought the GT for 600k did so because he can use the amount over MSRP as a charity tax deduction. A high net worth individual can get a minimum of 50 cents on the dollar off his taxes for such a donation. Properly structured, even higher offsets are possible. And he will.

There are huge amounts of funds being spent on items which benefit charity, as this sale did. Either the buyer can simply roll over and give his money to the IRS, or, he can find a venue to funnel the funds into a noble charity.

Why is buying this car any different that a charity silent auction where someone spends 10 grand on a TV sold for charity?

The buyer of this car, as do others, knows full well that he is not paying 600k just for a car, but that the funds above MSRP are going to charity.

The 5.5 million for the Snake is money well spent. The buyer owns the largest Mustang Collection in the world and got a one of a kind car.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
The 1st Shelby GT was black and the 2nd white. I forgot to mention that the same guy bought the $5 mil. Super Snake.

Does anyone know if his collection is open for public viewing or where it is at?

·
Registered
36 Posts
The 1st Shelby GT was black and the 2nd white. I forgot to mention that the same guy bought the $5 mil. Super Snake.

Does anyone know if his collection is open for public viewing or where it is at?

His collection is private. Don't know where it is but I don't think he would divulge that info.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
The same guy bought both cars and he also bought the 1st GT500 last year. I think his name is Ron Pratt. They also threw in the #2 2007 Shelby GT for sticker price.

Ron Pratt bought 3 one was for his 18 month old grandson.I was there.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
I watched it last night at a bar drinking and was thinking wow the money those cars are worth. I doubt I live long enough to see ours worth that kind of money, especially since it is not stock anymore :) Oh well I bought it to enjoy not for a investment 50 years from now.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I watched it last night at a bar drinking and was thinking wow the money those cars are worth. I doubt I live long enough to see ours worth that kind of money, especially since it is not stock anymore :) Oh well I bought it to enjoy not for a investment 50 years from now.

I agree with you. I bought my GT500 (above sticker) because I wanted to drive it and enjoy the car - not create a hangar queen. Even with only 18,000 being made, the GT500 won't have a huge future payoff in my opinion.

And yes, I really do enjoy driving this car until the next wiz-bang one comes along. Life is too short to see a nice car sitting in a garage.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I heard that ford will use the 5.0 liter engine (still 500 hp) for the gt 500 starting in 2008 becuase they are only making a certain amount of the 5.4's for the gt 500.

Motor Trend magazine also says that the 5.0 liter will be in the 07 boss due late in the year (425-435 hp) and it will also be used as the regular gt's engine when the mustang gets a face lift in 2008.(every exterior body panel is going to be different for the 2008 musatng)

The gt 500 is also going to have a new shape for 2008.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The collection is in Chandler, Arizona. It is no secret. It was shown on Speed Channel when he bought the Futureliner fo 4 million last year.

·
Registered
275 Posts

I saw the auction . It was sold for 5.5 million! You shorted the amount by half a million. Also,the first gt500 sold for $650000.00,not 600000.00! GGBIW

·
Registered
213 Posts
That is what they sold for after the 10% sales comission. And it was $648,000 to be exact. He actually made 2 consecutive bids at $500,000 and upped his own bet to $600,000.

·
Registered
275 Posts
That is what they sold for after the 10% sales comission. And it was $648,000 to be exact. He actually made 2 consecutive bids at $500,000 and upped his own bet to $600,000.
I stand corrected. Ron Pratt is awesome for raising his own bid for charity.GGBIW:)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Every auction is based on supply and demand. I'm sure that your current shelby will be worth a lot based on inflation as well as supply and demand in the future. I did notice that the cars with low milage did fetch higher bids. I doubt you would have to wait 50 years also. Still looking to get another gt500,but it seems the price is starting to rise again. Might have to settle for a 2008. GGBIW

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
I'm with you!!!!! Someday a grandson, or great grandson will have her. But for now, and the distant(i hope) future. Varoooooommmmmmmmm. I'm down the road.

Installed the mirror pieces today, and the window pieces are on the way. Thanks again...:D :D :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts