Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Normally a VMP plug and play boost-a-pump (BAP) install should be super easy, but I'm throwing this up here because having a full size spare tire complicates the install. I won't bother covering the fuse replacement and the need to load a new tune. Those are straight forward. I'm just going to show a few pictures that highlight the need to mount the two BAPs (2010 model) sideways instead of vertically as shown in the instructions, plus, there is less room for the BAP on the driver's side because the fuel pump driver module (FPDM) is more of an obstruction.

The pictures should tell most of the story, and look closely at the two FPDMs in the picture I took before installing the BAPs. You'll see they are both shaped the same, but the driver's side has the taller round protrusion on the outside, which interfere's with the BAP more.

0131191522_resized.jpg

0131191524a_resized.jpg

0131191617_resized.jpg

0131191631_resized.jpg

0131191713_resized.jpg

0131191713a_resized.jpg

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,680 Posts
Nice work Mike!

Thanks for helping others by taking the time to document your mod with pictures. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're welcome Tim. I looked for a thread on here and SVT once I saw how tight this was going to be. I was curious if someone else had come up with a different configuration than what I was going to try. Didn't find anything so I figured I should put up what I did.

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,866 Posts
Well done. Very clean looking install!
Even though I don't currently have a spare tire in the well, I'll make sure to install the booster with adding a spare in mind.

·
Premium Member
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well done. Very clean looking install!
Even though I don't currently have a spare tire in the well, I'll make sure to install the booster with adding a spare in mind.
Thanks. You will have a little more space since you own a 2011. You only need one BAP, and I think the instructions show your FPDM is on the passenger's side. The shape of the FPDM allows a little more room when it's over there. Plus, you might be able to hedge your spare tire a little to the DS to help more. Us 2010 owners get to have fun owning the bastard child that paved the way for the 2011/12 models. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts