Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got word that Shelby GT500s are on hold for shipment due to clutch problems as of 08/24/06. Anybody know whats up?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I heard the same. Help! This is all I need.

If it's true, I guess it's better to find it now rather than a recall later on.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Maybe they should build them, get them to striping, then install or replace the clutch. That way we would not have to wait so long to get our
Shelby's.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Maybe they should build them, get them to striping, then install or replace the clutch. That way we would not have to wait so long to get our
Shelby's.
I like your attitude Shelbytom,and you are probably right.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I talked to a gal who installs the clutches and said no such thing she is aware of. She will ask about any clutch problems

Be interesting to see if my cars build is held up next week.

She is going to send me a pic of clutch assy and tool used to install it

She said the clutch diameter is much smaller than std Mustang GT

Shelby is 8" vs the 10 1/2 on Must GT
Well maybe they should just switch to using the same clutch assembly as the $150K Ford GT........that would be fine with me.:) ;)

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Rumor,rumor,rumor.Yeh and we don't have enough shaker 1000's(I love to say that).We found 1 bad clutch that came in from the vendor and they are checking all the clutches.This is business as usual,that's why we have a quality control dept.This kind of stuff happens all the time.I think people just want to believe it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got my "crap" rumor from Ford also. They just would not go into specifics and I don't blame them. This is why I asked on the forum if anybody had heard anything. Don"t you people read the whole post?

I notice that EbonyGT500 is a newbie also!
(Just checking to see if you can read past the first sentence)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts