Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here ever have your car backfire? Since I put on the KR axle backs the car has back fired a couple times. It only happens when I downshift. I do not downshift much but never had this happen with the stock exhaust. Am I doing something wrong?

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Anyone here ever have your car backfire? Since I put on the KR axle backs the car has back fired a couple times. It only happens when I downshift. I do not downshift much but never had this happen with the stock exhaust. Am I doing something wrong?
I have the KR axle backs also and have not noticed any backfire at all. I don't downshift much but next time I get it out I'll try it to see if mine does it. That's if I get a chance to get it out again. It's supposed to snow today.:(

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Have Borla axle backs on mine. And down shift all the time. Once in a while there's a little popping, but rare. Just that wonderful, melodious downroar...:cheers:

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
I have the KR axle backs also and have not noticed any backfire at all. I don't downshift much but next time I get it out I'll try it to see if mine does it. That's if I get a chance to get it out again. It's supposed to snow today.:(
Hey Cal. How've you been???

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Hey Cal. How've you been???
Been good Joe. Just doing a few mods here and there.:rolleyes:

Nice to hear from you again. Hope all is well with you and your family. I miss many of the old timers but we have quite a few new guys that contribute a lot of good info also.

I'm kind of doing what Ron does. Check the site most every day but don't post as much.

I've even noticed that Fred is not here near as much.:(

I was hoping for a sort of reunion of the guys from last years Romeo trip. Maybe next summer.:)

The KR axle backs are my favorite mod at this point. Much better imo than the Bassanis I had.

Cal

·
Registered
33 Posts
Check your intake for any leaks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Check around your intake tube up to throttle body make sure everything is snug. Had this happen when I had my '03.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Check around your intake tube up to throttle body make sure everything is snug. Had this happen when I had my '03.
Will try to do that this weekend. Thanks. There was a lot of pulling and pushing to get the old axle back off and the new one on.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you sure your not going over the redline when you downshift, and
engaging the fuel shut off? I've done this a few times winding through
the gears,
Did not pay attention to the red line. I do know when it happens I downshift too early so could be a possibility. Will check into that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts