Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2005 Mustang GT and a 2008 GT-500. The 05' gt I have installed axleback pipes and have recently decided to sell her. If I decided to install axleback on the gt-500,will the axleback pipes work on my GT-500? Or are they built differant?

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
I own a 2005 Mustang GT and a 2008 GT-500. The 05' gt I have installed axleback pipes and have recently decided to sell her. If I decided to install axleback on the gt-500,will the axleback pipes work on my GT-500? Or are they built differant?
The GT mufflers are different. The problem is spacing between the back of the muffler and the defuser. Some that have installed them have melted it. See the link below.

http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=959&highlight=muffler

Cal

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

What kind of mufflers are they?I have FRPP that were made for the Mustang GT on my 2007 GT 500 with no problems.They been on 18 months.:)

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
As long as they fit the hangers and there is about an inch space between the muffler and the plastic, they should be ok.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok guys, I may take them off and try to install them on my GT-500 and see if they do work........ Thanks again

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey Spider,

I have the Borla Stingers from my GT that are now on my GT500 - Sounds great and fits perfect (just like the GT).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts