Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody used the AWE TRACK EDITION axle back exhaust. It's pretty much a muffler delete from what I can tell. The tips look awesome. Just wondering how they sound? Any really bad pops or cracking NOISES? I have a 2011 gt500 and was thinking about trying it!! Let me know thanks..

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
It isn't "..pretty much a Muffler Delete...",
It is a muffler delete, and as most it will be loud raspy and will be making cracking noise. If that is what you want, fine, I'm just not a fan. I prefer a deeper, throaty sound.
JMO

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
35,265 Posts
Has anybody used the AWE TRACK EDITION axle back exhaust. It's pretty much a muffler delete from what I can tell. The tips look awesome. Just wondering how they sound? Any really bad pops or cracking NOISES? I have a 2011 gt500 and was thinking about trying it!! Let me know thanks..
We have an entire sub-forum dedicated to exhaust (where I’m moving this thread)... lots of good reading here. For the 11/12 cars, the best sounding mufflers are Borla-S in my opinion. They rock!

Reactions: 'cause

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
35,265 Posts
@Goose17
Borla -s is replacing the ones on mine.
Borla-S on the 07-10 cars has drone. No drone on the 11/12 cars. On the 07-10 cars, I recommend Roush Extreme mufflers. We have them on my son’s 2010 GT, which has the same exhaust tubing size and they sound fantastic!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts