Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was diggin around my office and found a couple of cool pics. Sorry about teh quality. I had to scan them. This is me at the 2008 Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup AutoX.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
If only your car was Red you would have been so much faster through the cones :)

Nice pics

·
Registered
861 Posts
I just went AutoX'ing this weekend for the first time. (I need Practice) I went from 58.5secs to 51.2 in 6 passes.

I went for a ride in these 2 cars.

Red car= 2001 Zo6 Set up for AutoX w/slicks and one hell of a driver. best time of the day 43.2. WoW this was a fun ride!!!!!! He is kinda the one who got me into this type of racing. 25 yr old and his first year as a SCCA member. Very impressive!

I don't really know this guy but one of my friends knows him. He asked me if I wanted to go for a ride. Of course I do. Full race setup. Best time of the day 44.x

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Croz-

looks like you blacked out the front headlights?

What kind tires are those on the rear?

Lowered looks like too - what suspension mods have you done?

TD

Surprised you didn't get best times with the fastest color and all...

·
Registered
861 Posts
Croz-

looks like you blacked out the front headlights?

What kind tires are those on the rear?

Lowered looks like too - what suspension mods have you done?

TD

Surprised you didn't get best times with the fastest color and all...
Headlight covers are from xpel.com think they cost 70 bucks shipped! They are real thick, about 1/8 inch and they stick on. But look like they are from the factory.

Rear tires are Mickey Thompson Drag radials! 305/45-18r I bought them for drag racing. They're not to good for road racing/autoX but they are sticky as hell. They had good tread until I did a burnout competition! 18 secs and they were bald.

I haven't lowered my car yet. I bought some steeda upper and lower control arms. First time drag racing this year I blew out the bushings on the upper control arm. I now have a granetelli upper control arm and something isn't quite right with it. It is slapping around really bad (have to look at it this winter)

I went drag racing with the upper control arm all jacked up and was able to pull off an [email protected] I had to slip the clutch to a 1.80 60ft.

·
Registered
861 Posts
WOW. to my surprise no one is reacting to this thread. I have not been active on this board all summer long (busy working and playing/abusing my car)

Things must have changed around here!

Do we have a bunch of car collectors on here now (noghing worng with that)? Nobody wants to see this car being used for what Carol Shelby would like for use to use the car for, HP. HP. HP. PERFORMANCE!!!!!

Has this site died down a little over the summer months?

·
Registered
867 Posts
It has slowed down quite a bit Croz. On another note, those are some bad ass vids. I love AutoX and I had a few chances this summer to participate. Had a great time although it's a much different beast on the course than my 06 GT.

·
Registered
861 Posts
That run against that Supra was close, those things are scary.... never under estimate one
we were joking afterwards. He told me, "If I didn't tree (.3)him so bad it would have been a close race."

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Nice victory over the Supra!! What motor mods have you done? Read about the newbie post running a 11.99 stone cold stock!!!!

COurse I'd probably only rip off a 13.5 or so. Plan to take my car to strip for first time this spring. Maybe that'll be the last run on my stock tires if I burn them off to slicks!

You got a line-lock on that car?

TD

·
Registered
861 Posts
Nice victory over the Supra!! What motor mods have you done? Read about the newbie post running a 11.99 stone cold stock!!!!

COurse I'd probably only rip off a 13.5 or so. Plan to take my car to strip for first time this spring. Maybe that'll be the last run on my stock tires if I burn them off to slicks!

You got a line-lock on that car?

TD
EVO stage 2 (93 octane tune)
2.6 pulley
jlt cai
ngk6 plugs
Bassani 3" exhaust-no cats-with race mufflers (stock exhaust manifolds)
Detroit TrueTrac rear end with 4.10's
MT dr's
530hp & 513tq

I don't believe the guy that said he ran 11.99 bone stock:rolleyes: He's full of it!

·
Registered
861 Posts
oops, forgot to answer you.

NO, I do not have line lock on my car.

I usually rev to about 4k and dump the clutch, then stand on the brake. if the car starts to go sideways a little bit just push the brake down a litttle harder.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts