Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at doing an auto swap (Power glide) on my 2014 gt500 for bracket racing. I still street drive the car.. what issues will i run into computer wise? I know I need a speed sensor on the trans... anything else? I do not want it to have a tune or check engine light so it will pass any states emissions test...

·
Registered
498 Posts
Big job. You will need computer from an auto 5.0L. Harness change etc. Prob better off selling the 14 and buy a 5.0 Auto and putting blower etc on.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if i were going to a 6r80 it might be a job... using factory computers etc.. but im using an old trans lol.. i dont think the tr6060 has any other sensors than a speed sensor... maybe a temp sensor? i love my gt500 would never sell it for a 5.0

·
Premium Member
2012 SVTPP with a heavy dose of 2013 components
7,832 Posts
Yep, the powerglide is as dinosaur as you can get and is a fully contained mechanical transmission. You would need to figure out the speed sensor aspect. Baumann Electronic Controls seems to have figured out the stand alone computer controller for most electronic transmission options without needing to swap in an auto trans coyote PCM and wiring harness. Some of Ford's offerings with an electronic overdrive can be made pretty stout and may be a better choice than that old two speed transmission unless you're doing some serious weight reduction.

·
Registered
2011 GT500
367 Posts
Here's a GT500 with an automatic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts