@copracer77
@Gordon Dinkel
@500cat
@mavisky
@Toddfathergt500
@67restoMod
@Doug's GT500

Hey guys.

Tossing out some ideas for an Atlanta meet up and/or drive. Maps for options further below.

-- Gateway Classic Cars Caffeine & Chrome on Saturday, Aug 25th, 9-noon. Meet there, hang out at the “car show” outside, tour the warehouse inside, etc.. (CAFFEINE AND CHROME | Gateway Classic Cars)

-- Caffeine & Octane on Sunday, September 2nd , 8-11am. Would need get there VERY early if we want to secure parking for our group. That is Labor Day weekend, may be difficult to coordinate around. Next one would be Sunday, October 7th.

-- Simply meet for breakfast or lunch someplace.

-- Group drive of approximately half a day. Some options for consideration.

Option 1: Canton to Chatsworth to Ellijay to Canton. 2hr 28min of non-stop driving time. Grab lunch outside of Talking Rock (between Ellijay and Canton) at Bigun’s BBQ (Bigun's BBQ of North Georgia | The Best Barbecue in Jasper Ellijay and Talking Rock GA).

Option 2: Canton to Cumming via Chatsworth, Ellijay and Dahlonega. 3hr 9min of non-stop driving. Could stop at Fort Mountain State Park (outside of Chatsworth) and/or Amicalola Falls State Park (between Ellijay and Dahlonega) if so desired.

Option 3: Drive the North Georgia Six Gaps route (https://tailofthedragonmaps.com/sixgap/) . Drive though six “gaps” with elevations of 3,000 to 3,500 feet in elevation. Meet up and end up in Cumming. 2hr 55min of non-stop driving (from Cumming).

Open to other thoughts and ideas!

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
All sounds good, Caffeine and Chrome looks good.Maybe meet for breakfast close by,then drive over as a group.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Caffeine and Chrome is only a couple miles from my house and much less stress on the parking situation typically. Still pays to get there early, but 9 am is much better than 5 am.

·
Registered
173 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All sounds good, Caffeine and Chrome looks good.Maybe meet for breakfast close by,then drive over as a group.
Caffeine and Chrome is only a couple miles from my house and much less stress on the parking situation typically. Still pays to get there early, but 9 am is much better than 5 am.
I could go for some C and C on the 25th.

Sounds like Caffeine and Chrome works for everyone. It's a date! :wink:

There's a Waffle House right off of GA400 on McFarland Pkwy, about 1 mile from Gateway. We could meet there at say 7:30am, have breakfast and then drive over as a group around 8:30 to secure some spots. Those times work?

Waffle House address is: 1515 McFarland Pkwy, Alpharetta, GA 30005

There's an IHOP or a Great American Pancake House on Windward Pkwy if that is more appealing.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm in ! Silver you want to meet at DD at 6:45 on Saturday ? I'm in Wellesley Sub

·
Registered
34 Posts
I should be able to make that. I travel back to ATL tomorrow. So barring any major issues, I'll meet you there. I'll PM you with any delays or change of plans.

·
Super Moderator
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How was the gig? Sorry that I wan't able to actually end up making it...

:crying:
Sorry you weren't able to make it @silver86. Won't be the last opportunity! In fact, Caffeine & Octane is a week from today. I'll get another thread going on that one. :wink:

Had a good time yesterday with these guys. They really know these cars. Thanks for the invite! :smile:
Great to meet you, Roger. Glad you could make it. Man, I couldn't get over how clean your Shelby was -- you found a good one. :bigthumb: We'll need to find a way to get you and Joe (@fastback) together at an event -- you guys are car twins!

Roger, Kyle ( @mavisky ) and Mark ( @67restoMod ) and I had a good breakfast at the Waffle House, shot the bull on all things Shelby and horsepower and then made our way to Gateway Classic Cars right down the road. The weather was fantastic, which likely helped with the larger than normal turnout. George ( @copracer77 ) showed up at the event so we had a total of 5 Shelbys there -- representin'!

After touring the cars outside, we walked through the warehouse and had some fun "shopping". :grin:

I did a poor job taking pics but I'll post up one I got momentarily via Tapatalk. Maybe some of the guys took some pics and can post them up.

Kyle and Roger, sorry I wasn't able to say bye. Time got away from me and I had to run in order to finalize a Craiglist deal at the house. Wife sold a couple of couches and it has been a debacle trying to get these out of the house. The guy who bought them showed up Friday night with a trailer that was no where near big enough, so he had to come back Saturday morning.

·
Super Moderator
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Waffle House parking lot. Left to right, with the two verts bookending the two coupes: gaindian, fletchffletch, 67restomod, mavisky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
No worries on having to bail. I was finally able to get rid of a troublesome love seat myself about a month ago so I know the pain.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts