Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
29,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,731 Posts
Haven’t read this article yet, but keep your hands on the wheel people!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
29,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven’t read this article yet, but keep your hands on the wheel people!
The whole reason systems like these are developed is so drivers can basically chill and not pay attention. The manufacturers then list disclaimers that driver attention is required... this is simply to defer blame when their system is used as designed but doesn’t function as planned resulting in a mishap.

The underlying problem is these systems are not ready for prime time and it’s costing people their lives while manufacturers are doing R&D with real people on real roads.

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,110 Posts
The Apple engineer had seen problems with the auto pilot before, and specifically it had caused his car to veer along the same stretch of road. However, he decided to continue using it?! Very poor judgement on his part!

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,939 Posts
The Apple engineer had seen problems with the auto pilot before, and specifically it had caused his car to veer along the same stretch of road. However, he decided to continue using it?! Very poor judgement on his part!
And allowing the vehicle to operate itself, again, after an issue? Bad judgement.

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,110 Posts
And allowing the vehicle to operate itself, again, after an issue? Bad judgement.
Absolutely! That’s what I meant in my post. The auto pilot previously tried to crash him into the concrete wall, but I guess that wasn’t enough of a warning for him. Maybe this is some explanation for why Apple iPhone software updates have problems. The engineers generating them don’t learn from past experiences.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts