Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 4:10 gears in my GT500. They are FRPP OEM gears and perfectly set up. I have out grown them in HP.

Rather than changing out gear sets twice, I propose a swap. An entire axel swap. I'll swap for original 3.31s for the cost of the gear set or even for an axel with 3.55s or 3.73s. I can even do the swap if you are willing to help a little on a Sat afternoon. Swaping axels would be much easier for both of us and save a lot of labor and setup time. My axel also already has the energy suspension upper control arm bushing installed.

Any takers?

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Nearly 2 years later you get your first reply. :grinbiginvert:

When you say outgrown them in HP, do you mean for daily driving or as a race setup?

I can see how they may not be the ideal gear for running quarter miles, unless you have a really tall tire, but they sure are fun for cruising.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cannot finish the quarter mile with them. Driving is great. I still have the 4.10s and since I really have not persued the drag racing thing, am happy to keep what I have.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Are you still running the 335's? Any issues?

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
28" tires. :thinkerg:

bj
My next set of tires will be 285/40-19's (28") in the rear, and 275/40-19's in the front.

I think that will put my 4.10's at something like 3.90's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts