Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if anyone lives in the Inland NW - me I am in Spokane. Curious if anyone in the Inland NW area likes to track their Shelby. Spokane Co. Raceway Park has track day - today June 26th. There is another track day scheduled July 24. I plan to participate in this one.

Great deal - 85 dollars. Great way to use your HP and not receive any tickets.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
I'm 9 hrs away by car in Montana, and not interested in drag racing the Shelby. Too scared of the worst case scenario of a wreck.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm in western Oregon and too wimpy to try and race. I do like road trips and twisty roads... Do you go to the Mustang Round Up in Bellevue in July ever? That's pretty fun and they do a track day at Monroe with the event.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Grew up in Spokane, I don't think the road course was there when I left, just the drag strip.

One of my high school classmates got into politics and was heavily involved in getting the track improved/renovated a few years back.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sweet home Oregon and I road race mine. Haven't been up to Spokane thou.
Sweet Home?! I'm just outside of Lebanon. Headed up to Calgary this weekend for the International Mustang Meet and am going to rack some miles on the Mustang.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Flight_83;

Have you gone Griggs yet?

Whose Bezel are you using for your brake cooling ducts?
No Griggs yet put its coming in the very near future. I'm going with the Watts link and torque arm setup first and full SLA sometime after. Right now I have Van's BMR setup in the back with adjustable UCA, LCA, panhard bar, and Tokico D spec front and rear with FRPP springs.

I'm actually running the legit KR brake cooling system that's discontinued. Had to be creative with the placement of the bezels and make it work but it's in and works as it should

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tell your friend thanks from me - I don't have to worry about speeding tix since we have a local track in Spokane.

·
Registered
9 Posts
first time back on this forum in months and someone from Spokey asking if theres anyone in spokey :)

This is my 08, looking at SCR open track days, done a few at Sears Point and Thunderhill, and Donington, the Lotus test track in the UK

Attachments

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,732 Posts
first time back on this forum in months and someone from Spokey asking if theres anyone in spokey :)

This is my 08, looking at SCR open track days, done a few at Sears Point and Thunderhill, and Donington, the Lotus test track in the UK
Welcome back to the forum @skunk160! Thanks for making your first post. That’s a good looking car.

This thread is from 2016, so you may not get replies from the above parties.

Also, if you haven’t seen our New Member area, you’ll find it here:

New Member Introductions - Ford Shelby GT500 Forum

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
this is tonyb - i'm a spokey - there is a track day today Saturday 5/12 at Spokane co. raceway park. gates open at 7:30. https://www.spokanecountyraceway.com/road-course
i will be a spectator today since i need tires and brakes - consumables.
sorry about the late response - hope you can make it out there to one of the many track days scheduled.
have fun and be safe!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts