Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 gt500 / 2.4 pulley / tr8ix / bbk longtube header / bolra exhaust /
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, nice to meet u everyone :)

I bought 2014 gt500 with some mods 2 years ago but there's no information here in my area because this my car is the only one here!!! So I'd like to be taught by this forum.

One of my friend who works for repair shop informed me to check plug gap for more performance...but you know i have no idea at all.

My car was ecu-tuned by moor automotive with 2.4 pully / 65mm throttle body / bbk longtube headers / TR8IX spark plug / etc...

With considering those spec' , who can recommand the best plug gap and anything else?

Thanks in advance to everyone :)

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
35,367 Posts
First, nice to meet u everyone :)

I bought 2014 gt500 with some mods 2 years ago but there's no information here in my area because this my car is the only one here!!! So I'd like to be taught by this forum.

One of my friend who works for repair shop informed me to check plug gap for more performance...but you know i have no idea at all.

My car was ecu-tuned by moor automotive with 2.4 pully / 65mm throttle body / bbk longtube headers / TR8IX spark plug / etc...

With considering those spec' , who can recommand the best plug gap and anything else?

Thanks in advance to everyone :)
Welcome to the forum!

Someone will hopefully have some gap advice for you. In the meantime, if you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your ride, you’ll find our new member area here:

·
Registered
490 Posts
TR7Ix as stated above is fine. I gap to .026, but a little bigger is fine too. Too big and spark blows out with higher boost. Too small and maybe the plugs dont last as long.
Its not really a deterimental thing to try diff things out and see what works for you. but both suggestions given are pretty much common practice

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,554 Posts
OP, Here's a good post by BJ back when he worked for VMP in 2016. VMP used to have the same/similar 101 guide on their web site, but even though it's still listed in their Written Guides section, the link doesn't work anymore.

I realize he and VMP don't have a recommendation that includes the plug you had a question about, but that's likely for a very good reason....as has already been mentioned.

·
Premium Member
2012 & 2021 GT500 strippers
7,898 Posts
8's are 2 heat ranges colder than stock and may have a place in a 1,000 rwhp engine. Something with a lot of boost. It's a bigger problem to run a heat range that's too hot. The downside to too cold is the spark plug will be unable to properly self-clean by burning off carbon deposits and fouls out sooner. If it the heat range is too hot, your engine could experience detonation, pre-ignition or power loss.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts