Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Orange County, CA and can't find a dealer whi is not overly greedy. I don't mind having to pay a wee bit over MSRP, but I don't wont to turn over the keys to my house.

I'm starting my search to put my order in for an 08 and would like some input from you people here. I'm willing to go out-of-state if a great deal is to be had.

Thanks
Ron

·
Registered
89 Posts
I live in Orange County, CA and can't find a dealer whi is not overly greedy. I don't mind having to pay a wee bit over MSRP, but I don't wont to turn over the keys to my house.

I'm starting my search to put my order in for an 08 and would like some input from you people here. I'm willing to go out-of-state if a great deal is to be had.

Thanks
Ron
I think you will probably need to out of state :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've been working an angle in CA for $5k over. It's not been fast going, but CA is a large state.

If I make this deal, I'll letcha know, or if they can't get me one in fast colors (I'm bi-coloured, Red/White and White/Blue would both do for me).

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've been working an angle in CA for $5k over. It's not been fast going, but CA is a large state.

If I make this deal, I'll letcha know, or if they can't get me one in fast colors (I'm bi-coloured, Red/White and White/Blue would both do for me).
Keep working them Jonsey. I got my internet salesman to come down 15000.00! I kept pointing out what the price was on Ebay. The bidding is still stoping at around 55000.00. The greedy dealers are relisting rather than sell. It's disgusting how they ignore what the market will pay and hold out for someone not doing there homework. GGBIW:(

·
Registered
104 Posts
GGBIW, it's all good, it all comes around to economics at the end, and the dealers who have kept them on their lots (having to pay out interest or lost-interest) on the cars are suffering for it. The supply isn't going down right away, so the dealers can either try to inflate the market more with the 2008s and suffer more, or drop down.

Someone will have the brains to make a tidy profit, without holding out for a huge profit, and we'll be the folks buying from them :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
GGBIW, it's all good, it all comes around to economics at the end, and the dealers who have kept them on their lots (having to pay out interest or lost-interest) on the cars are suffering for it. The supply isn't going down right away, so the dealers can either try to inflate the market more with the 2008s and suffer more, or drop down.

Someone will have the brains to make a tidy profit, without holding out for a huge profit, and we'll be the folks buying from them :)
I have been told by my dealer that the cars coming in are being purchased by other dealers that either have buyers, or are willing to hold out for a buyer. I don't think you will see a lot of 2007s sitting around when you have 2008s coming out in June. If my dealers list is right, they have plenty of people waiting for 2007s, 2008s and some 2009s, if they come out. You may find that great deal and I hope you do, Good Luck. As far as suffering from the dealers I don't think so. If the bottom falls out they can sell at MSRP and still make money. A few Shelbys on the lot will not put them out of business. Just my thoughts after waiting 11 months for a vin #.:)

·
Registered
104 Posts
I speak from having a large dealer near me with 13 GT500s on ground already. All purchased from other dealers at over MSRP.

There are a few other dealers that played the "inflate the market" game, and they're the ones suffering.... which I delight a bit too much in.

I'm sorry, they have 19 right now, and want to start selling them at the newly reduced price of $75k.:mad:

·
Registered
275 Posts
I speak from having a large dealer near me with 13 GT500s on ground already. All purchased from other dealers at over MSRP.

There are a few other dealers that played the "inflate the market" game, and they're the ones suffering.... which I delight a bit too much in.

I'm sorry, they have 19 right now, and want to start selling them at the newly reduced price of $75k.:mad:
Your absolutely right! Right after I bought my gt500,a dealer offered 5000.00 more than I paid.That's why they have to mark them up so much as there starting at 60000.00 before they make money. The smart dealers sold to customers and the greedy dealers. Just remember that what you plant is what you harvest. GGBIW:D

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
I think you will probably need to out of state :)
JONSEY, JONSEY, I have to agree with Former GMC. You're not going to find a dealer where you are that isn't looking at making all he can. Especially if he's bought up a bunch expecting super profits. GREED, isn't it something??? And we all know, it doesn't pay.....................

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
JONSEY, JONSEY, I have to agree with Former GMC. You're not going to find a dealer where you are that isn't looking at making all he can. Especially if he's bought up a bunch expecting super profits. GREED, isn't it something??? And we all know, it doesn't pay.....................
"...greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right, greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind."
- Gordon Gekko

:D :D :D

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
"...greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right, greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind."
- Gordon Gekko

:D :D :D
Say it ain't so Mr Prez....................:mad:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Say it ain't so Mr Prez....................:mad:
Hey, it's just a movie quote, but...

Greed IS good...if taken in moderation. A certain level of greed is what has made this country great. Major leaps in science, technology and finance come only when someone or some group feels there is personal gain to be had in making that leap. That is greed, and that is good. A certain level of greed has pushed me to work hard so I can move up the corporate food chain and...make more money. Without that greed, I never would have been able to afford a Shelby.

Disclaimer: The above statement reflects only the views of 'The Prez' and not of this forum, any of its members, moderators, adminatrators or owners. :D

·
Premium Member
613 Posts

Greed IS good...if taken in moderation. A certain level of greed is what has made this country great. Major leaps in science, technology and finance come only when someone or some group feels there is personal gain to be had in making that leap. That is greed, and that is good. A certain level of greed has pushed me to work hard so I can move up the corporate food chain and...make more money. Without that greed, I never would have been able to afford a Shelby.

Disclaimer: The above statement reflects only the views of 'The Prez' and not of this forum, any of its members, moderators, adminatrators or owners. :D
I think you've gotten the word 'greed' mixed up with what sounds like pure AMERICAN 'Self Pride', and 'Determination'. You got there through hard work.

We work hard to better our position and that of our Families, move up in employment, which earns more for us, and I firmly believe in 'Self Pride'. It will lead to more confidence in your own abilities, and that will always help you reach your goals in life.

If you succeed at life, and work for what you want, A SHELBY can be in your garage. Greed has no part in that.

WOW!!!!!!
;)

·
Registered
135 Posts
I think you've gotten the word 'greed' mixed up with what sounds like pure AMERICAN 'Self Pride', and 'Determination'. You got there through hard work.

We work hard to better our position and that of our Families, move up in employment, which earns more for us, and I firmly believe in 'Self Pride'. It will lead to more confidence in your own abilities, and that will always help you reach your goals in life.

If you succeed at life, and work for what you want, A SHELBY can be in your garage. Greed has no part in that.

WOW!!!!!!
;)
amen

·
Registered
213 Posts
Wall Street eh prez good call, i referenced to it on another thread somewhere

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

WOW!!!!!!
;)
You make a good arguement. It's my nature to be rather cynical, so I tend to look at life in a more negative aspect, i.e. greed vs. self pride. It's good to see folks out there that have a positive outlook. I know it would be healthier if I took a more "glass is 1/2 full" approach, but I'm just a 1/2 empty kind of guy.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Wall Street eh prez good call, i referenced to it on another thread somewhere
Yeah, Wall Street is one of my favorite movies. :D

My screen saver at work is a Gekko quote:
"The most valuable commodity I know of is information. -- Gordon Gekko"

I work for an information company.

·
Registered
275 Posts

Maybe your are confusing Greed with ambition,goals.Greed is when you gouge people for something for more than its worth. I believe that the love of money is the root of all evil,hence greed when you try and hustle someone.That's just my opinion. GGBIW

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
...I believe that the love of money is the root of all evil...
but...but...but I love money. I'm not evil, am I? ;) :p :D

·
Registered
275 Posts
but...but...but I love money. I'm not evil, am I? ;) :p :D
I think the love of money is the root of all evil means what you will do to get it. Working for money is not evil. Stealing is just one example of what evil people will do to get it. When you work and buy toys you are enjoying the fruit of your labor. Wall street is full of dishonest GREEDY people that will lie and steal for it. No I don't think your evil because your not. I just think that those dealers that list on ebay and relist after the auction is over are greedy as ebay is what the market will bear.Ive read many of your posts and you have many valid points, but on this one I think your confusing greed with ambition. Its okay to work for that gt500,not to steal for it. Just my opinion. GGBIW

1 - 20 of 21 Posts