Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of switching before I even put on the kooks/corsa setup?? If so...how do you like it??

Might have a kooks lt, catted x and corsa setup for sale....:ack:

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
All I have are the Corsas.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do you like your Corsa?? I had their mufflers on my 03 and I have their catback on my SRT-8 Jeep...love em on the Jeep.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
How do you like your Corsa?? I had their mufflers on my 03 and I have their catback on my SRT-8 Jeep...love em on the Jeep.
From the first time I heard them, they were my one and only choice. Nothing sounded as good as them IMO.

That's why they're going on my car as soon as possible!!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I'm thinking of switching before I even put on the kooks/corsa setup?? If so...how do you like it??

I have the full 3"SS Works exhaust on my car ( one of the first prototypes ).

I had lots of fittment issues in the beginning and I had them redesign it from the X -crossover pipe back. Since then it's been ok but also since then there have been many other companys producing full exhaust systems for this car that are a better design IMO especially in the area of the crosover pipe to the mufflers. The SS Works headers are the best part of their system though ,a work of art.

Why would you want to change from the kooks/corsa set up ? I have Kooks headers on my lightning and there great.

George....

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

I have the Kooks SS headers,SS high flow cats and X-pipe.I never had a fitment issue.I was amazed how well they fit not hitting anything.:bandit:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the full 3"SS Works exhaust on my car ( one of the first prototypes ).

I had lots of fittment issues in the beginning and I had them redesign it from the X -crossover pipe back. Since then it's been ok but also since then there have been many other companys producing full exhaust systems for this car that are a better design IMO especially in the area of the crosover pipe to the mufflers. The SS Works headers are the best part of their system though ,a work of art.

Why would you want to change from the kooks/corsa set up ? I have Kooks headers on my lightning and there great.

George....
I heard of the fitment issues, but heard the system on a guys car and it sounded great. I can get a killer deal on a full catted system for $2,100...that's what got me thinking. I will probably stay the course and keep my kooks/corsa setup.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
What type gains are recieved in changing the exhaust?

At what RPM range is the change felt? lower, mid, high or all?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I'm not looking for gains...it's minimal between setups...just sound for me!!
If it's sounds your looking for the SSW system won't disappoint.

BEACHSCGT500 What type gains are recieved in changing the exhaust?

At what RPM range is the change felt? lower, mid, high or all?
As far as gains are concerned more torque across the power band and more power especially with the bigger blowers because of the better breathing.

I only got a gain of 13 rwhp on the stock blower ( already had the JLT and the 2.6 at the time when I added the exhaust ) Now I have the TVS but I haven't dynoed it yet.

Another gain is that it should run a bit cooler because of the better (less restricted ) exhaust flow especially with the bigger blower moving more air than the stock exhaust would.

Another factor is the hi-flow cats. They will allow you to lean out the tune and have more consistant ,smoother power throughout. By that I mean with the stock cats an extra amount of fuel is needed to keep the cats alive. This is especially important the more boost you make but if you are using a hi-flow cat this parameter in the computer can effectively be turned off. The result is more consistant power without the extra fuel being added for cooling purposes and also a bit better fuel consumption.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts

As far as gains are concerned more torque across the power band and more power especially with the bigger blowers because of the better breathing.

I only got a gain of 13 rwhp on the stock blower ( already had the JLT and the 2.6 at the time when I added the exhaust ) Now I have the TVS but I haven't dynoed it yet.

Another gain is that it should run a bit cooler because of the better (less restricted ) exhaust flow especially with the bigger blower moving more air than the stock exhaust would.

Another factor is the hi-flow cats. They will allow you to lean out the tune and have more consistant ,smoother power throughout. By that I mean with the stock cats an extra amount of fuel is needed to keep the cats alive. This is especially important the more boost you make but if you are using a hi-flow cat this parameter in the computer can effectively be turned off. The result is more consistant power without the extra fuel being added for cooling purposes and also a bit better fuel consumption.
I take it these cats are Welded in? Do you need to buy a new tune or have the one you have changed?

Sounds kinda involved for no real gain?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Yeah...I've heard conflicting stories on the larger size. Jared (Lethal) said and uses BTW 1 3/4" is more than enough and he runs the 3.4. That being said he has a good relationship with Kooks. I'm sure the 1 7/8" will help...might loose a little boost but it should breathe better and making the same power at lower boost is always a good thing.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Do these headers add more underhood heat?

Do they have the problems of the past with needing to be re-torqued all the time?

Do they bolt in easily? From the top or bottom?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

Do they have the problems of the past with needing to be re-torqued all the time?

1-I'm not sure.I have had them on so long

2-Not all the time.It's good to check occasionaly

3-No no no no no no,bottom.:crbaby:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Quite the opposite....longtubes help get the heat out quicker.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts