Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 21 GT500. With Track mode exhaust on I am getting a horrible rattle in both doors. More so from passenger. Dealer first said not a real problem and Ford said it’s normal to hear rattles in the doors. I finally had enough and made them look at it again. Tech did test drive with me from Ford Dealer and said it’s a problem and not normal. After 3 days to diagnose it they determined the noise cancellation is the issue. Disconnect the mic in the headliner and noise stops in the doors. Dealers said they were waiting to see how Ford wanted to address. Today they told me Ford said it’s just normal and a known problem and they won’t fix it as it is now considered normal. I am just curious if anyone knows if this is correct or should I keep working to try to get Ford to agree to help me. I am disappointed to see Ford saying a system is “known to not work” and they now call it normal and won’t help us owners fix it. Oh and now I just picked up what sounds like an exhaust leak on the passenger side….hoping Ford doesn’t call that normal also. thoughts?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
37,092 Posts
I have a 21 GT500. With Track mode exhaust on I am getting a horrible rattle in both doors. More so from passenger. Dealer first said not a real problem and Ford said it’s normal to hear rattles in the doors. I finally had enough and made them look at it again. Tech did test drive with me from Ford Dealer and said it’s a problem and not normal. After 3 days to diagnose it they determined the noise cancellation is the issue. Disconnect the mic in the headliner and noise stops in the doors. Dealers said they were waiting to see how Ford wanted to address. Today they told me Ford said it’s just normal and a known problem and they won’t fix it as it is now considered normal. I am just curious if anyone knows if this is correct or should I keep working to try to get Ford to agree to help me. I am disappointed to see Ford saying a system is “known to not work” and they now call it normal and won’t help us owners fix it. Oh and now I just picked up what sounds like an exhaust leak on the passenger side….hoping Ford doesn’t call that normal also. thoughts?
Is your stereo and exhaust systems all 100% stock?

I haven’t had any of these issues.

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is your stereo and exhaust systems all 100% stock?

I haven’t had any of these issues.
Yes both are stock. I also went the Track attack and didn’t hear it in the car I was in and looked high and low on the internet to see if any other owners are facing this but I couldn’t find any. I have asked for an in person meeting with the Dealers Service Manager, General Manager and the Ford representative. I requested Ford’s response in writing today. Once I have that I will post it here….assuming they actually give it to me.

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
569 Posts
Where in the headliner is the mic located? I’m only asking cause I want to disconnect mine.

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where in the headliner is the mic located? I’m only asking cause I want to disconnect mine.
It is in the back on the center line of the headliner. It’s about 8 inches from the rear. You will have to get in the back seat and pull down the headliner. The headliner is held on in the back by two strong magnets on each side. The mic has a plug that has a small release clip. Push in the clip and pull the plug and now the system will be disabled.
Here is a link to a video that basically shows what you will see.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am not clear why you would want to disable it because the car sounds really good as it is and I know from the outside of the car having someone rev it for me while I am standing out side it sounds every bit as good as it does inside

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
569 Posts
I am not clear why you would want to disable it because the car sounds really good as it is and I know from the outside of the car having someone rev it for me while I am standing out side it sounds every bit as good as it does inside
Because I’m doing a full stereo upgrade and I don’t want any Bull 💩 noises interfering with my audio signal.
Oh, and because it’s my car and I’ll do what I want with it 😉🤣

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
569 Posts
It is in the back on the center line of the headliner. It’s about 8 inches from the rear. You will have to get in the back seat and pull down the headliner. The headliner is held on in the back by two strong magnets on each side. The mic has a plug that has a small release clip. Push in the clip and pull the plug and now the system will be disabled.
Here is a link to a video that basically shows what you will see.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would also add (and only because I had to disable mine because it sucks and doesn’t work correctly)…the radio sounds much better and the subwoofer from the factory actually sounds great once you disable it. It is also my opinion if you lay the back seats down and disable the system then you get much more of the exhaust gurgle and great exhaust sound. Again my system is completely broken and malfunctioning as it was trying to stop the exhaust noise by playing a neutralizing frequency. Maybe on a properly working system there is no sound advantage but it made a considerable and noticeable difference inside for both radio sound quality and volume level and exhaust sound and for the better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts