Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT 500 Iconic Silver w/ Blck Strips
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one on waiting list for a ‘22? And anyone heard when they may open the order banks up?

Alittle backstory. When i ordered my 2020 base the dealership I normally get from didnt have any allocations left (only got 1 in ‘20 and 1 for ‘21) so I had to find another dealership for MSRP.

Now my normal dealership expects to get 1 allocation for ‘22 (There allocation for ‘21 was a CFTP) and has offered me it at MSRP. They said order a base,CFHP, or CFTP dont matter

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
33,715 Posts
Haven’t heard squat yet. Are you trying to get a CFTP...?

·
Registered
2021 GT500
6 Posts
Any one on waiting list for a ‘22? And anyone heard when they may open the order banks up?

Alittle backstory. When i ordered my 2020 base the dealership I normally get from didnt have any allocations left (only got 1 in ‘20 and 1 for ‘21) so I had to find another dealership for MSRP.

Now my normal dealership expects to get 1 allocation for ‘22 (There allocation for ‘21 was a CFTP) and has offered me it at MSRP. They said order a base,CFHP, or CFTP dont matter
I have a deposit for my local dealers allocation for 2022. I was told order bank likely open in Jan and have 48 hours to place order.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a deposit for my local dealers allocation for 2022. I was told order bank likely open in Jan and have 48 hours to place order.
Thanks! I would figure order banks will open a few months before that but who knows. I also figure the ‘21 will be build the rest of the year to meet orders.

But CFTP and CFHP will not be built until probably late March anyways.

Well went ahead and told the dealership that i will Take the allocation. Hard to pass up a MSRP deal on a CFTP or CFHP. If i order a CFTP i will have to get a backseat for it. My som said that is only way i can get a new one :) Will be along wait but atleast i have the ‘20 still for now

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
33,715 Posts
Thanks! I would figure order banks will open a few months before that but who knows. I also figure the ‘21 will be build the rest of the year to meet orders.

Well went ahead and told the dealership that i will Take the allocation. Hard to pass up a MSRP deal on a CFTP or CFHP. If i order a CFTP i will have to get a backseat for it. My som said that is only way i can get a new one :) Will be along wait but atleast i have the ‘20 still for now
Awesome! Congrats in advance!

I helped a local friend get a back seat for his CFTP. He has a son that is not yet ready for the front seat. I came across a rear seat + belts that someone removed and alerted him. The only thing you have to do is tap the holes for the seatbelt mounts. The holes are there, but not threaded. I did the same when installing my roll bar (tapped the seatbelt holes).

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome! Congrats in advance!

I helped a local friend get a back seat for his CFTP. He has a son that is not yet ready for the front seat. I came across a rear seat + belts that someone removed and alerted him. The only thing you have to do is tap the holes for the seatbelt mounts. The holes are there, but not threaded. I did the same when installing my roll bar (tapped the seatbelt holes).
Great info as always.

·
Super Moderator
5,401 Posts

Excellent, Casey! Congrats in advance. Heck, who knows, when the time comes, you might be able to sell or trade your 2020 for at or more than you paid for it. (y)

Reactions: Fordperformance

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Excellent, Casey! Congrats in advance. Heck, who knows, when the time comes, you might be able to sell or trade your 2020 for at or more than you paid for it. (y)
I agree with you. Vroom offered $6k over MSRP. But by looking at whats out there. I would think i might can get even more. MSRP on mine was $75095 (only option was vinyl stripes) and it has less that 1k miles. So we will see what a few months brings. Hard to find any with low miles under $90k

1 - 9 of 9 Posts