Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2020 GT500 FPB Handling Package
169 Posts
My post cannot “loose” credibility.

When discussing rarity in cars, the idea is to gauge value as in a rare collector car. According to your profile, you have a 1 of 1 as optioned, which doesn’t amount to anything regarding collectibility or value as there are a crap ton of others very similar to it. If Ford made one 2014 GT500 with a bigger engine or some other wild option, the 1 of 1 option might raise the collectability and therefore value. Beyond that, claiming 1 of 1 as optioned in a group of 10,000+ being rare while a car with only 100 examples period is not exclusive is just plain silly.

@Patrick It's Pains, I look forward to following your upgrade process!
Looking forward to sharing the build progress next year!

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
4,041 Posts
My post cannot “loose” credibility.

When discussing rarity in cars, the idea is to gauge value as in a rare collector car. According to your profile, you have a 1 of 1 as optioned, which doesn’t amount to anything regarding collectibility or value as there are a crap ton of others very similar to it. If Ford made one 2014 GT500 with a bigger engine or some other wild option, the 1 of 1 option might raise the collectability and therefore value. Beyond that, claiming 1 of 1 as optioned in a group of 10,000+ being rare while a car with only 100 examples period is not exclusive is just plain silly.

@Patrick It's Pains, I look forward to following your upgrade process!
You always get bogged down with " added value ", " collector car ", & collectability.
How about looking @ rare as in not many made,................& leave it @ that.
rare
[rer]

ADJECTIVE
  1. (of an event, situation, or condition) not occurring very often..

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
36,254 Posts
You always get bogged down with " added value ", " collector car ", & collectability.
How about looking @ rare as in not many made,................& leave it @ that.
rare
[rer]

ADJECTIVE
  1. (of an event, situation, or condition) not occurring very often..
I have a rare booger I just picked from my nose. There have been others like it, but this one is special. It’s a 1 of 1.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawkeye

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,383 Posts
Your 2009 = 1 per world
100 units = 2 per state
50 units = 1 per state............................of these 3 examples, which would you consider rare & exclusive ??
Remember that to get to my 1 of 1 I have to include the following. Make, model, year, trim level, interior options, and stripe delete option.
Ford built 555 total 2009 GT500 Convertibles
77 of those were in Vapor Silver
12 of those cars were stripe delete
4 of those cars had the red and black interior
Only 1 had all of those traits.

My car was unique, but not necessarily rare when you look at the make/model/trim alone. When you consider that the 2007 (2,702) and 2008 (2,080 built) models were essentially indistinguishable from my car and they made even more of those years. That's over 100 first generation GT500 convertibles per state in that first 3 years of production alone.

They're going to build 100 SE GT500's. Of those there will be variables of color, interior, stripes, etc.. and i'm certain that within that list there will be some 1 of 1 builds, but the base SE GT500 will be at between 5 and 100 times more rare than my 2009 GT500 convertible was, depending on how you look at it. I believe Shelby will only make 100 total SE's out of all 2021-2023 GT500 models. I'm not a huge SAI fan in general, but even I wouldn't begin to try and say that the SE GT500's won't be rare.

Again here are some other rare car production figures.

Ferrari La Ferrari - 499 units
Ferrari Enzo - 400 units
Ferrari F50 - 349 units
Pagani Huaryra - 100 units
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 - 252 units
Bugatti Veryon Grand Sport Vittesse - 92 units
Porsche 959 - 345 units
Porsche Carrera GT - 1,270 units (660 in the US alone)

Sorry, but these aren't common place to me although I've managed to spot one of each here in Atlanta through various means and various collections.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
36,254 Posts
Remember that to get to my 1 of 1 I have to include the following. Make, model, year, trim level, interior options, and stripe delete option.
Ford built 555 total 2009 GT500 Convertibles
77 of those were in Vapor Silver
12 of those cars were stripe delete
4 of those cars had the red and black interior
Only 1 had all of those traits.

My car was unique, but not necessarily rare when you look at the make/model/trim alone. When you consider that the 2007 (2,702) and 2008 (2,080 built) models were essentially indistinguishable from my car and they made even more of those years. That's over 100 first generation GT500 convertibles per state in that first 3 years of production alone.

They're going to build 100 SE GT500's. Of those there will be variables of color, interior, stripes, etc.. and i'm certain that within that list there will be some 1 of 1 builds, but the base SE GT500 will be at between 5 and 100 times more rare than my 2009 GT500 convertible was, depending on how you look at it. I believe Shelby will only make 100 total SE's out of all 2021-2023 GT500 models. I'm not a huge SAI fan in general, but even I wouldn't begin to try and say that the SE GT500's won't be rare.

Again here are some other rare car production figures.

Ferrari La Ferrari - 499 units
Ferrari Enzo - 400 units
Ferrari F50 - 349 units
Pagani Huaryra - 100 units
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 - 252 units
Bugatti Veryon Grand Sport Vittesse - 92 units
Porsche 959 - 345 units
Porsche Carrera GT - 1,270 units (660 in the US alone)

Sorry, but these aren't common place to me although I've managed to spot one of each here in Atlanta through various means and various collections.
BINGO! 👏

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
I have a rare booger I just picked from my nose. There have been others like it, but this one is special. It’s a 1 of 1.
Denial
Denial is one of the most common defense mechanisms. It occurs when you refuse to accept reality or facts. You block external events or circumstances from your mind so that you don’t have to deal with the emotional impact. In other words, you avoid the painful feelings or events.
This defense mechanism is one of the most widely known, too. The phrase, “They’re in denial” is commonly understood to mean a person is avoiding reality despite what may be obvious to people around them.

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500 SuperSnake
300 Posts
Shelby American talked like if you bought the SE pkg for the new GT500, you would be first in line for any follow on pkg they decide to offer. I guess that means you would get to spend more money on something and maybe get priority choice for the CSM number (?).

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Shelby American talked like if you bought the SE pkg for the new GT500, you would be first in line for any follow on pkg they decide to offer. I guess that means you would get to spend more money on something and maybe get priority choice for the CSM number (?).
Followed a build on another site, he was able to get what SAI refers to as a " premium CSM # ".........for 10K !!

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,383 Posts
They'll probably offer an SE 1000 package based on that Dragon Snake debacle they built.

·
Premium Member
2012 & 2021 GT500 strippers
8,063 Posts
So @Patrick It's Pains, you are doing the wide body conversion too? What do they charge for that mod? I'm assuming it includes wheels and tires.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 FPB Handling Package
169 Posts
Hello everyone, congratulations on your rare to slightly less rare yet still a very rare car.
So @Patrick It's Pains, you are doing the wide body conversion too? What do they charge for that mod? I'm assuming it includes wheels and tires.
It does include the wheels and tires! I am getting the SE package so the widebody was actually discounted quite a bit. Believe the total price for that package was around $18,000 after the discount. Nearly took five grand off!

Believe the main reason was because the Signature edition comes with wheels, thus the widebody supersnake wheels which are included in pricing are no longer required.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts