Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
4,041 Posts
I would be tempted to do an SE over a CFTP. They are building 100 SEs for each year so they are going to be pretty exclusive. The CFTP is $18K (if you can find MSRP) and the SE is $30K so you aren't that far apart.

Tom
Curious how 100 of anything is pretty exclusive ??

·
Premium Member
Ruby Red 2014
2,154 Posts
Are the rear fenders steel?

Do they paint the entire side of the car?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
36,254 Posts
Your 2014 GT500 is 1 of 10,615 13/14 GT500s. Anyone who is into Mustangs has seen them in person. I have seen a crap ton of 13/14 GT500s and at any given point there are some for sale that you can buy today. I have never seen any 2020+ GT500SE cars in person. They are rare and exclusive.

·
Registered
2014 GT500 PP
610 Posts
Well, how many GT 500s do they build each year? I honestly don't know but I think it was about 5,000 units for 2020. Weren't there an addition 1,500 CFTP units?

I'm thinking 100 out of all of those is exclusive. That 100 equates to a few percent of the total production for the year.

Tom

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Your 2014 GT500 is 1 of 10,615 13/14 GT500s. Anyone who is into Mustangs has seen them in person. I have seen a crap ton of 13/14 GT500s and at any given point there are some for sale that you can buy today. I have never seen any 2020+ GT500SE cars in person. They are rare and exclusive.
You have never seen a 2014 GT500 like mine in person..

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,254 Posts
Well, how many GT 500s do they build each year? I honestly don't know but I think it was about 5,000 units for 2020. Weren't there an addition 1,500 CFTP units?

I'm thinking 100 out of all of those is exclusive. That 100 equates to a few percent of the total production for the year.

Tom
Yes! There were 5800ish 2020 GT500s made.
You have never seen a 2014 GT500 like mine in person..
I have not seen your exact combo, but I’ve seen a shit ton of them with various combos that are very much like yours.

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Your post starts to loose credibility when you heap 13/14 MY's into ( 1 ) group. The differences were discussed in this ( 14 Aug. 2014 ) thread on this site.
................( 2013 vs 2014 | Ford Shelby GT500 Forum )
The fact that you've never seen a GT500SE in person doesn't make it rare or exclusive..

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,383 Posts
Your post starts to loose credibility when you heap 13/14 MY's into ( 1 ) group. The differences were discussed in this ( 14 Aug. 2014 ) thread on this site.
The fact that you've never seen a GT500SE in person doesn't make it rare or exclusive..
My 2009 convertible was a confirmed 1 of 1 combination for the model year. I'd never act like someone who had seen another first getn GT500 convertible hadn't seen a car nearly identical to mine.

Considering there are only 100 being built you're talking about less than 2 per state, and that's assuming Shelby actually sells out all 100 units. They've fallen short of their "limited" production numbers before. Would you consider a production run of 50 exlclusive? I mean Ferrari built like 5 times as many million dollar plus Ferrari La Ferrari's and I'd consider those rare and exclusive.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
2020 GT500 FPB Handling Package
169 Posts
I mean, it's not every day you see an S550 GT500 out in the wild.. that is unless you are going out of your way to search out areas with larger concentrations. Aside from "Base" models, It's even harder to find a track package. I would consider it rare as the total SE production will probably be around 1200% less than the already rare "Golden Ticket CFTP."

Not trying to sound condescending, but you kind of contradicted yourself. If they aren't "rare" as you stated, then why don't we see Signate Edtion Cars from day-to-day activities. That example is extreme but there are also different levels of rarity. Once you add exotics to the mix, you are then talking about a very exclusive group.

Anything that you don't encounter often can be considered "Rare." Hell, in my area, a Mustang GT is considered rare. If we go south though, everybody and their mother has one. Of course, we are talking trim levels, anyone can customize the paint to make it a "1 of 1" - not inferring to your car.

The best thing about this forum is that we get to share ideas with others we would never have the opportunity to meet. I apologize if I came off the wrong way, just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
2021 Antimatter Blue
90 Posts
The only part of the SA conversion I want is the welded in wider quarters and the side skirts. I wish they sold the blanks, I'd do it myself. I think the Wide body portions was something like $25k without extras and that's just too much for a mustang of mine. I love seeing other people with them though.

For that kind of dough, I'd like to buy another old project to scratch the modding itch.

·
Premium Member
2021 Antimatter Blue
90 Posts
Are the rear fenders steel?

Do they paint the entire side of the car?
Yes, they are welded in and repainted. Feathered in from the back of the door on new cars. Probably more if the car is older. They have authorized conversion shops that do the work so they decide what's best.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 FPB Handling Package
169 Posts
Yes, they are welded in and repainted. Feathered in from the back of the door on new cars. Probably more if the car is older. They have authorized conversion shops that do the work so they decide what's best.
I recall the previous Widebody kit's were made from Fiberglass. Not sure on the current generation, I recommend reaching out to @Jmeo He got the widebody.. if anyone would know, it's him.

·
Premium Member
Ruby Red 2014
2,154 Posts
Meaning Galpin Ford in Costa Mesa?

They are the only ones who I was aware were doing Steel. But that is awesome IMO. I too love the widebody and having a sanctioned widebody may help if the day ever came that you had to part with it.

Killer for me is I don't believe you can paint just one side panel with out seeing the metalflake differences. Solid color, sure. Metal flake? not to my eye. But that has a solution. Paint the entire side.

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
My 2009 convertible was a confirmed 1 of 1 combination for the model year. I'd never act like someone who had seen another first getn GT500 convertible hadn't seen a car nearly identical to mine.

Considering there are only 100 being built you're talking about less than 2 per state, and that's assuming Shelby actually sells out all 100 units. They've fallen short of their "limited" production numbers before. Would you consider a production run of 50 exlclusive? I mean Ferrari built like 5 times as many million dollar plus Ferrari La Ferrari's and I'd consider those rare and exclusive.
Your 2009 = 1 per world
100 units = 2 per state
50 units = 1 per state............................of these 3 examples, which would you consider rare & exclusive ??

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,254 Posts
Your post starts to loose credibility
My post cannot “loose” credibility.

When discussing rarity in cars, the idea is to gauge value as in a rare collector car. According to your profile, you have a 1 of 1 as optioned, which doesn’t amount to anything regarding collectibility or value as there are a crap ton of others very similar to it. If Ford made one 2014 GT500 with a bigger engine or some other wild option, the 1 of 1 option might raise the collectability and therefore value. Beyond that, claiming 1 of 1 as optioned in a group of 10,000+ being rare while a car with only 100 examples period is not exclusive is just plain silly.

@Patrick It's Pains, I look forward to following your upgrade process!

Reactions: Patrick It's Pains
21 - 40 of 53 Posts