Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the detroit area.Have a deposit on an 07 Shelby.Can't wait.Factory rep said I will be able to order in March or April.Hope to get it before summer is over.Any body else going to order one?Would like to hear from some people.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Detroit area too. Plan to order convertible. Already have 2 summer weekend cars. Wife ain't gonna like a 3rd, but then I am going to tell her (near delivery time) I'm getting just a convertible Mustang (you know, V6) and trading my daily driver (Mazda6s) in on it. Just gonna be a loud and fast 'V6'. :D

·
Registered
373 Posts
*Raises hand*

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fee5707 said:
*Raises hand*

Ok,you with your hand up.Where do you live and are you buying a Shelby?Tell us a little bit about yourself.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I go to school in Flint, MI... (go Kettering)
Am from Defiance, OH...
and I work in Auburn Hills, MI...

Placed my order a few weeks ago and I am sooooooo excited about getting the car!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good for you.Kettering that is a good school.Used to be gm tech wasn't it?

·
Registered
373 Posts
That is correct:)

·
Registered
888 Posts
Glad to see you here, VNMOUS1!

Ladson, SC Charleston area!

·
Registered
324 Posts
hi VNMOUS1, I am in Elmwood Park not to far from you. I ordered a vista blue with the over the top stripes deleted, and all options.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
VNMOUS1 said:
Hi. Oak Park (Chicago) here. You'll see my odered car in my sig. Good to meet you all.

bj

VNMOUS1 thanks for joining and welcome to the "I WANT MY CAR NOW CLUB".

·
Registered
373 Posts
hahaha...
nice... but true!

·
Premium Member
11,062 Posts
Kronus01 said:
hi VNMOUS1, I am in Elmwood Park not to far from you. I ordered a vista blue with the over the top stripes deleted, and all options.
Yeah....you're right down the street! I'm 5 min from the horse track. Should have my car in a week or so. Produced yesterday. I'll let you know....whoever gets theirs first has to buy the first tank of gas for the other guy! :eek:

bj

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi my name is Tom and I thought I would let everyone know my shelby was completed on 6-16-2006. I did not receive it yet and I am sitting waiting and waiting. I am wondering when it will be here. The date of delivery to the dealer was 6-29-2006 to 7-6-2006. I know they are on shutdown last week and this week but I figured it was built I would have it. It is almost 1 month since build date. I chose the white with blue stripes. I ordered my cat on 3-25-2006 I just wanted you to know maybe you can gauge your car with my experience thus far.

Thanks from Ohio...Cleveland

·
Registered
16 Posts
TomC said:
Hi my name is Tom and I thought I would let everyone know my shelby was completed on 6-16-2006. I did not receive it yet and I am sitting waiting and waiting. I am wondering when it will be here. The date of delivery to the dealer was 6-29-2006 to 7-6-2006. I know they are on shutdown last week and this week but I figured it was built I would have it. It is almost 1 month since build date. I chose the white with blue stripes. I ordered my cat on 3-25-2006 I just wanted you to know maybe you can gauge your car with my experience thus far.

Hey Tom thanks for the information. VNMOUS1 has the dates from order to expected delivery spelled out pretty well for refference also. Cleveland, OH. Not too far away. I am in NW PA perhaps we can meet in the middle one day with our new rides. The anticipation of yours knowing it is built has to suck! This is killing me and mine has only been on order for ONE week!!! I couldn't imagine knowing it was built and driving by the dealer everyday to see if it was being delivered!!! Can't the dealer tell you anything??

·
Registered
888 Posts
TomC said:

TomC,

Mine was completed on 16 June also and I was expecting this week, but no positive news so far. I think there is the outside possibility that it has never left Flat Rock due to stripes not being applied or a QA issue. Let's hope they got out of there before the shut down! Best of luck!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey guys, I'm in Naperville. Got the vista blue and deleted the over the top stripes.

I think it seems worse now than earlier in the process because there is little new information. Early in the process there was a constant flow of new exciting information.
Now every web blog site simple says waiting.

How many ways can we say it!!

Bummer, Bummmer, Bummer

I was told by Ford customer service I would have a firm build date the 3rd week of July.

I really hope so.

If we ever get these things we need to find a place to get together and tell our war stories

·
Premium Member
11,062 Posts
Shelby101 said:
Hey guys, I'm in Naperville. Got the vista blue and deleted the over the top stripes.

I think it seems worse now than earlier in the process because there is little new information. Early in the process there was a constant flow of new exciting information.
Now every web blog site simple says waiting.

How many ways can we say it!!

Bummer, Bummmer, Bummer

I was told by Ford customer service I would have a firm build date the 3rd week of July.

I really hope so.

If we ever get these things we need to find a place to get together and tell our war stories

Greetings there in NaperTucky! You can review my sig (as someone above suggested) and get a reasonable idea of what to expect. Keep in mind, I ordered mine the first day possible and they didn't start building for 3 more months....so "your mileage my vary".

Mine's sitting at the port, waiting for stripes, then it'll be shipped. Hoping for sometime this next week (w/o 7-17-06) when they return to work.

Did you get yours locally?

bj

·
Premium Member
11,062 Posts
oldimp said:
TomC,

Mine was completed on 16 June also and I was expecting this week, but no positive news so far. I think there is the outside possibility that it has never left Flat Rock due to stripes not being applied or a QA issue. Let's hope they got out of there before the shut down! Best of luck!
Old-

Just got back from vacay. Any news on your ride or are you "in jail" til next week, like me?

bj

·
Registered
888 Posts
Hey, bj,

No, nothing new. The dealership thinks it has been shipped because their computer information says so. I tend to think it is a fluke that they just haven't seen before. I have a sneaky suspicion that it is sitting right next to yours without those darn stripes!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts