Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anybody here is leasing their 2010 GT500?

If so what kind of terms do you have (down payment, monthly payment, etc)?
Anybody know the residual % for a 3 year 12k per year lease?
Anybody know what money factor Ford is offering on the lease?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Never heard of anyone leasing a GT500.

-

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never heard of anyone leasing a GT500.

-
Hmm, wonder why not?
I guess I'll have to talk to my local Ford dealer.
But I'd think their resale value would be pretty good and therefore payments would be lower than usual for a $48k car.

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,957 Posts
I don't think anyone would ever want to buy a leased GT500 that someone has beat the living hell out of with intentions of dumping it in a few years. However, that's just me... I think most people that drive them love them to much to know that someone else owns it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
You usually cant lease a car like this because there are no residual values for cars like this. They are speciality and limited run cars that have no projected value and its almost impossible for a bank to guess that with out losing in the end or sticking it to the customer from the start. Ford will not lease the shelby GT500, and thats a fact. You can try credit unions, they have lease rates for just about everything, but it wont be worth doing it if its not cheaper than buying it conventionally. If you are thinking of leasing for the lower payment, then just do an 84month term buy and that should get you to a decent payment. Otherwise, this car is just not good for leasing. If you are going to do that, you would need to lease like a BMW M5 or something that has a huge value to start and will still have huge values at the end of the lease. I leased my last brandnew corvette C6 for 36 months and the payment was under 600. You cant come close to that on a buy at any term that banks will do. And when I returned it I still had equity in it because it was way under the 15k miles a year I got so I actually made money on it. No loss. I then bought the shelby out right and put the money down on it. It worked out perfect.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
But I'd think their resale value would be pretty good and therefore payments would be lower than usual for a $48k car.

I think you'd be wrong - just look at the 07-09 GT500's, especially vs. what some sold for even though the mid-2008 MY. If a leasing company had gambled on higher re-sale values (especially with the very high ADM's many had on them), they'd be ruined vs. current turn in values easily.

And what 2008GT500 said too... who'd want to buy a higher mileage GT500 that someone KNEW from the beginning that they'd be turning in after 2-4 years? :flamed:

-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts