Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have one of these developing. I could not remember what the title was and searches are coming up empty.

Just behind the drivers side door is what looks like a long subtle door ding. I was wondering if it were the same the others have had trouble with.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
no.:ack:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've got a coupe and have a small one on the drivers side. dont believe its limited to verts only.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

I have a coupe.

Long time no read, Rob. How ya been?

Kevin.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like a good time. Too bad you live so far away. I'd love to come to an event like that.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
I wonder if xs wheel hop contributes to this? I have not seen this on my vert yet, but I am installing an aftermarket upper control arm to reduce wheel hop.

·
Registered
658 Posts
No buckling seen on mine (yet?)

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've got a coupe and have a small one on the drivers side. dont believe its limited to verts only.
I don't believe it is either since I have the same as you on my coupe.:)

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Mine is perfect. No dimples at all.

4,150 miles. Some of those are spirited miles.:roller:

I have the BMR LCA's so I have no wheel hop at all.
Does the single UCA from BMR help with wheel hop, or do you need the lower UCAs also?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Could you post a photo of this?

This really concerns me if this starts showing up on the 500's.

HSURB

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have tried to get pics of it the last 2 evenings. I am having a hard time getting it to show up on the white paint in photos.

It looks like the ones on the first page of Rob's link above.

Mine is about 4 inches behind the rear edge of the driver's side door, right in the middle of the upper section. It is about 1.5 to 2 inches long. It is very subtle, but, noticeable.

I did have an episode of real hard "wheel hop" about a week ago. The wheels broke loose just as I went over a small bump. It kicked the rear end out to the right and made a loud "bang" like the shocks bottomed out or something. If wheel hop is the cause, this one would have done it for sure. I suppose that means I need to invest in anti-wheel hop mods. I had not planned to as I don't really do any burnouts. Just once in a while the rear breaks loose and I get occasional wheel hop.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Gassman, there is no one right answer for this. Some people have eliminated wheelhop with just lowers, for others it has required both. For me it required both.

Dave
That's because of the excess power inherent in the Alloy cars, silly.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey guys - I don't think this is anything caused by power, wheel hop, or being a vert/coupe. I think it is something that some have come with and some have it more noticable than others. O have a little on my passenger side but have not found anything on the drivers side yet....but if you go to the dealer and look at the mustang GT's on the lot you are more than liklely to find some with the same little "dents". These have not even been out and beaten on yet. Mine has not gotten any worse since I first found it and putting more power down than i am supposed to.

I am waiting on some drag rims and tires so when i get those the real testing will begin but I was pulling 1.63 60' times with 650-685 rwhp last year on 26" tall ET streets (for sale by the way with the rims ready to go) and I have not seen any issue from that. I am a firm believer it has to do with the manufacturing or assembly and since you have to be at the right angle to see it we don't notice it on the dealer floor in the excitment to get the car and the walk around looking for a scratch or something major.

Just my thoughts - probably worth very little.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey guys - I don't think this is anything caused by power, wheel hop, or being a vert/coupe. I think it is something that some have come with and some have it more noticable than others. O have a little on my passenger side but have not found anything on the drivers side yet....but if you go to the dealer and look at the mustang GT's on the lot you are more than liklely to find some with the same little "dents". These have not even been out and beaten on yet. Mine has not gotten any worse since I first found it and putting more power down than i am supposed to.

I am waiting on some drag rims and tires so when i get those the real testing will begin but I was pulling 1.63 60' times with 650-685 rwhp last year on 26" tall ET streets (for sale by the way with the rims ready to go) and I have not seen any issue from that. I am a firm believer it has to do with the manufacturing or assembly and since you have to be at the right angle to see it we don't notice it on the dealer floor in the excitment to get the car and the walk around looking for a scratch or something major.

Just my thoughts - probably worth very little.
Hey Chris, how you been? I've been off the boards for a while.

Mine is definitely new. I know every "flaw" on the car. This one was not there until the last week or so.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts