Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I think you should be able to order them through the dealership.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Installation is tough on these cars-especially the front and rear bumpers.I would reccomend profesional install.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
is there any way to add the 2 shelby stripes on a shelby convertible that didnt come with them? if so, where can i buy them?
If you know a good paint/body shop, it might be easier and less expensive to have the stripes painted on. I think some of us would prefer painted over taped. :pimp:

Mine are taped, but I'm eyeballing a new hood and may have them painted; mostly will depend on my paint guy's recommendation.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you know a good paint/body shop, it might be easier and less expensive to have the stripes painted on. I think some of us would prefer painted over taped. :pimp:

Mine are taped, but I'm eyeballing a new hood and may have them painted; mostly will depend on my paint guy's recommendation.
Painting the Stripes on may be expensive, but you won't regret it. Vinyl will fade and peal off over time. Trust me.... mine did.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Paint them on. I am going to actually have black stripes painting on (have silver on the side...yuck). Will have those removed and black side and stripes painted over my Alloy paint...

:grinbiginvert:

·
Registered
994 Posts
+1 Paint!

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Probably $1500-2000 to paint the stripes and clear the panels-Maybe a little more.If you do this try to get ceramic clear.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Call Allen at 407-927-1900,He installs the clear chip guard stuff-If he cant do it he knows who can-He does work for all the high dollar dealers in the area like Lambo and Ferrari.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts