Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi~
2007 shelby gt500 here.

1. Any rubbing or other issues with 275/40/18 all four corners + Eibach pro-kit lowering springs or Eibach sportline springs?
2. Aluminum Driveshafts --> what do you recommend for 2007 shelby?
(there are two companies: Driveshaft shop 3.5 and Ford performance)

Thanks in advance.
Ki

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,762 Posts
2. Aluminum Driveshafts --> what do you recommend for 2007 shelby?
(there are two companies: Driveshaft shop 3.5 and Ford performance)
I’ve been running a DSS aluminum driveshaft for about 7 years. It’s been trouble-free... that’s my recommendation.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Get your offsets right and you should be fine. Not sure why you're going narrower than factory in the rear though. I eventually upgraded to two different sets of 20x10" wheels with 285/30-20's on all four corners of my old 2009 while slammed on Eibach Sportlines. If I were you I wouldn't go that narrow on the rear as the car comes with 285's on the rear from the factory. Given the fact that the factory wheels are 18x9.5" at all four corners I'd step the fronts up to a 275 and keep the rear a 285 if I were you. Only reason I wouldn't go 285 on the front on factory wheels is because you'll get a lot of sidewall bulge that will make the steering mushy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Get your offsets right and you should be fine. Not sure why you're going narrower than factory in the rear though. I eventually upgraded to two different sets of 20x10" wheels with 285/30-20's on all four corners of my old 2009. If I were you I wouldn't go that narrow on the rear as the car comes with 285's on the rear from the factory. Given the fact that the factory wheels are 18x9.5" at all four corners I'd step the fronts up to a 275 and keep the rear a 285 if I were you. Only reason I wouldn't go 285 on the front on factory wheels is because you'll get a lot of sidewall bulge that will make the steering mushy.
Thank you for your kind advice.
You are 200% right on 285s. I am with you on this. The problem is that I am living abroad and I don't have very many options here. No stock rear size tires options available here. Missing out big time! Nittos are what I want. LOL Stock 285/40/18 are to be imported and costs fortune. Looking at about $600-700 for each tire. I had to settle with what we have here at reasonable price.
I had to go with Kumho reluctantly LOL.
In terms of wheels....I am with you also. I find the stock wheels are just too small for the car, although they look ok. At the same time I want to keep my shelby in original condition as much as possible. So I stayed with the 18 inch stock wheels.

I talked with some guys here and If I were to go with the Eibach lowering spring pro-kit.
Do I need need to upgrade other parts? Like new shock absorbers?
Some said I do not need....but I want to double check here
I’ve been running a DSS aluminum driveshaft for about 7 years. It’s been trouble-free... that’s my recommendation.
Thank you as always...Love your mods!

Ki
Just spring itself will do the trick?
Thank you again..

·
Premium Member
2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible
5,628 Posts
...........I talked with some guys here and If I were to go with the Eibach lowering spring pro-kit.
Do I need need to upgrade other parts? Like new shock absorbers?
Some said I do not need....
Adjustable Panhard bar and brace.
And you would be wise to check the Pinion angle.

I run the 3.5 DSS without an issue with a some extra HP/TQ.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Prokit should be fine on the pinion angle, and with the narrower tires you can probably get away without the adjustable panhard bar. Long term though you'd want to get the adjustable bar for sure.

I'm not sure where you're currently at geographically, but I would look to see what's available for shock options. I had the GT500KR shocks on my car and they were fine when paired with the GT500KR springs, but they left a lot to be desired when it came to the much stiffer and lower Eibach Sportlines I ran. It depends on what you're looking for out of the car at the end of the day. If you're building a drag car I'd look into something from Viking, but if you're just building a street car I'd grab a decent set of Koni's or something for it.

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Old thread but looks like you never got a reply from anyone that used the Eibach pro kit.

I have used the Eibach pro kit in both my 09's (convertible & coupe) I love the stance & they will be going into my 08 convertible.
You can add LCA's & Panhard if you like but not a must.

Install & a wheel alignment is all that is required.

Colin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts