Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys....brand new to the site!!
I currently drive a 2003 cobra vert powered by a whipple...putting 600 to the ground. I have reached my "mod summit" with my Cobra and am looking into a GT500.

I will ask the million dollar question (please don't bash me for this lol!).....can they be purchased for msrp?? If so, does anyone know where one is available??

Thanks,
Mick

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi guys....brand new to the site!!
I currently drive a 2003 cobra vert powered by a whipple...putting 600 to the ground. I have reached my "mod summit" with my Cobra and am looking into a GT500.

I will ask the million dollar question (please don't bash me for this lol!).....can they be purchased for msrp?? If so, does anyone know where one is available??

Thanks,
Mick
Sure, I know of about a dozen at MSRP. post a pic of your cobra vert and dyno sheet in your name & I will tell you where there is a Shelby at MSRP

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like I need to have 4 posts before I can post URL's....

I haven't been to the dyno since the whipple was installed, but cobra's with the same mods as mine have put out 590-605 to the wheels. I check my tune on street via a wbc.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I think you were busting my nuts...regardless I will post some pics.

thats the same color combo I have coming, should be here any day now, I am getting mine at MSRP but I have had a deposit down for almost a year, good luck, try some of the small dealerships but I think it will be tough to find one without some ADM now.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats the same color combo I have coming, should be here any day now, I am getting mine at MSRP but I have had a deposit down for almost a year, good luck, try some of the small dealerships but I think it will be tough to find one without some ADM now.
Ahhh...you must be getting pumped!! Yeah, I think it's very, very low odds in finding one...but, thought I would ask anyway.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ahhh...you must be getting pumped!! Yeah, I think it's very, very low odds in finding one...but, thought I would ask anyway.
Nice looking car. What mods did you do?

I went by my local dealer yesterday to see if they still had the car for you.
They said they would take 2000.00 under MSRP so I ended up buying it myself

Thats the 2nd car they sold me at that price. Not much demand for them here I guess.

·
Registered
171 Posts
My dealer called me the other day saying he had someone who wanted to give me $5000 for my order which I got for $200 under MSRP, but I told him I wanted to keep the car for myself. But 1268 you really look like you need a good deal, so maybe I might let you have it for the $200, which would get you to MSRP. NOT!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice looking car. What mods did you do?

I went by my local dealer yesterday to see if they still had the car for you.
They said they would take 2000.00 under MSRP so I ended up buying it myself

Thats the 2nd car they sold me at that price. Not much demand for them here I guess.

For real?? Where are you from??

Too many mods lol, it became a bad addicition. Here's the list..I'm sure I have forgotten some:

Whipple twinscrew s/c with stock 3.5 upper pulley, 4 lb. lower pulley, JLT 12" cai, JBA shorty headers, Bassani catted x-pipe, Borla 14858 catback, RWTD tune via SCT X-Cal II handheld tuner, Dynojet WBC, CCW wheels, BFG d/r's on the rear, Maximum Motorsports full length sub-frame connectors (welded in), Maximum Motorsports coilovers all around, 2000 Cobra R rear shocks, Billetflow IRS brace, Steeda IRS bracket, MGW shifter, Centerforce DF clutch with aluminum flywheel and 26 spline, Accufab large diameter throttle body, LFP Heat exhanger, Kenne Bell Boost a pump, Mafia, CDC cooling mod, CDC clutch mod, Fidanza firewall adjuster and UPR quandrant, window tint, various interior goodies, shorty antenna. I am sure I am missing a few things, but you get the idea.;)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My dealer called me the other day saying he had someone who wanted to give me $5000 for my order which I got for $200 under MSRP, but I told him I wanted to keep the car for myself. But 1268 you really look like you need a good deal, so maybe I might let you have it for the $200, which would get you to MSRP. NOT!!!!!!!!!!
BASTARD!!!!

lol...good for you man.:D

·
Registered
135 Posts
1268 if I had that car i would keep it instead of the GT500.
without mods on the GT500 you will be very disappointed in its power. dont get me wrong its a very nice car but for a 500 hp engine its a dog without mods.

·
Registered
213 Posts
2k under MSRP, if you believe that then I have some swamp land that I am selling in Florida. Its 2k under its apraised value.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
without mods on the GT500 you will be very disappointed in its power. dont get me wrong its a very nice car but for a 500 hp engine its a dog without mods.
That's what I have heard.....they ain't too mod friendly as of yet.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
2k under MSRP, if you believe that then I have some swamp land that I am selling in Florida. Its 2k under its apraised value.
Yeah, yeah.....I heard some guy bought a ton of it and built some amusement park way back when.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
257 Posts
A dog? No...my 89' Volvo Wagon is a dog. I'm kinda curious what you have to compare the GT500 to (and how much did it cost?)...and how you came to rate it as a dog...:eek:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)

·
Registered
257 Posts
How bout a C6 coupe for $41,000??

Make that $42,900 (although I did miss out on one 1 month ago for $41,000).

http://www.kerbeck.com/kerbeck/kerbeck.nsf/corvette_special_offers
I can buy C6 coupes all day long for a helluva lot less than $41K with my GM employee discount...I think they'll even throw in a gold chain and a shirt to show-off my chest hair. There again, the GT500 is certainly no dog compared to an 'ordinary' C6 or a Z06 for that matter...and where I live, you can barely drive two blocks w/o seeing a new vet...I've said it before on this site...the only comparison between a C6 and the GT500 is kinda sorta in the price, but thats where it ends...Just my .02 worth :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I can buy C6 coupes all day long for a helluva lot less than $41K with my GM employee discount...I think they'll even throw in a gold chain and a shirt to show-off my chest hair. There again, the GT500 is certainly no dog compared to an 'ordinary' C6 or a Z06 for that matter...and where I live, you can barely drive two blocks w/o seeing a new vet...I've said it before on this site...the only comparison between a C6 and the GT500 is kinda sorta in the price, but thats where it ends...Just my .02 worth :)
Even bettered my case...he asked what the guy was comparing it to and at what price. Performance wise the C6 beats it and the C6 Z06 would Destroy it. When my Cobra was made it could beat a stock vette....you can't say the same.;)

1 - 20 of 98 Posts