Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a track we can get off on? I'm in NE Alabama, but will be happy to drive over:)
Most of the tracks make you drive their cars and that ain't going to be no fun when we can drive our Shelbys, do you agree?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Anyone know of a track we can get off on? I'm in NE Alabama, but will be happy to drive over:)
Most of the tracks make you drive their cars and that ain't going to be no fun when we can drive our Shelbys, do you agree?
I certainly agree! One of my mustang clubs is working on getting us some track time at Darlington. It is 100 miles or so up the road from us. I'll let you know if it is just talk or actually happens!

·
Registered
26 Posts
We have Roebling Road just outside of Savannah. Always some kind of activities happening there. Drivers schools, club racing, and the likes. Really good road course.
________
NU50

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GT500Rocket-
Is that road course open to the public to come drive? If so, I am on my way. I have got to find somewhere I can open 'er up. I was on a short stint of interstate today and bumped 120 with very little energy at all.

·
Registered
26 Posts
JSK
Mostly SCCA events but there is always somhing going on there. If you are a SCCA member you can get in otherwise you havet join. Maybe we should start a GT500 club and rent the track for a weekend.
________
volcano classic review

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Count me in.
I've had my car for a 9 days and am itching to see what she will do:D

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've heard about a track in Alabama near the GA border that rents track time. It's a small track that cater to motorcycles and car clubs. I just found the website, looks like $1500 per day for up to 12 cars, or $2600 if a weekend. If we could get a group together I would ve very interested. Check out the site at http://www.tgprace.com/index.html
BTW, I'm in Atlanta, but you probably knew that by my tag.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, folks ther is a brand new track in Utah that will allow open driving, supposedly it is the nicest track of its kind in the country, Requires you take driving instruction and meet some criteria but....Owned by Larry Miller who Owns the Utah Jazz and many auto dealerships in the West.

Plan your time right and your only 1 hour from the Bonneville Salt Flats and can observe speed week with a bunch of wild an exotic automobiles.

http://www.millermotorsportspark.com/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts