Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the "clutch chatter" but damn its seems really loud. Does anyone live in or around Houston with a GT500 that has the clutch chatter? I would really like to compare my "normal chatter" to someone else. I live in League City which is about 30 miles 30 of Houston.

Thanks
Law

·
Registered
611 Posts
I am in Spring.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I have the "clutch chatter" but damn its seems really loud. Does anyone live in or around Houston with a GT500 that has the clutch chatter? I would really like to compare my "normal chatter" to someone else. I live in League City which is about 30 miles 30 of Houston.

Thanks
Law
This car requires a little different driving tecnique when going from a start than what you might be used to because it has a duel disc clutch.
Try giving it more throttle when engaging the clutch in 1st gear you'll find it will work much better and without the chatter.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Come up to TWS in College Station this weekend. Should be lots of Shelbys up there as long as the weather doesn't turn nasty.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
The chatter is only when im in neutral.
That can't be clutch chatter , it might be the normal transmission noise these transmissions make. The gears in the TR6060 are wider than in the T56 trans and they have a more straight cut to them which contributes to excessive noise . It's a more performance oriented piece.
Ever been in a road race car and hear the noise those transmissions make you'd know what I mean they sound like their falling apart.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It doesn't sound normal, but it is if you look at the Shelby supplement. The supplement mentions this noise specifically, when in neutral. Doesn't sound right, but just apply more power when pulling away in 1st or 2nd. More fun that way to!! :)
My 2008 does the same.

Dubai GT500

1 - 8 of 8 Posts