Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Shelby GT500
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently a couple months back got my hands on a 07 Shelby with 48k on the odometer, I'm curious to see if there are any out there in the 100k+ range ?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
35,367 Posts
I recently a couple months back got my hands on a 07 Shelby with 48k on the odometer, I'm curious to see if there are any out there in the 100k+ range ?
Congrats on the 07! I know @real_supersnake has over 100k miles on his 2013 SS.

Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

Also, we encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly.

Reactions: NestorR8719

·
Registered
2007 Shelby GT500
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
'12 here with 103,000 miles and going strong 💪
Still feels as fast as when you got it ?
and how do you drive it, like do you catch yourself driving as slow as a granny most of the time or do you catch yourself being ahead of most of the cars after you take off from a light ? or in between
and I was thinking, at one point, after putting so many miles on it, a retune would help it out no ?

·
Registered
2012 GT500 SVTPP
10 Posts
Still feels as fast as when you got it ?
and how do you drive it, like do you catch yourself driving as slow as a granny most of the time or do you catch yourself being ahead of most of the cars after you take off from a light ? or in between
and I was thinking, at one point, after putting so many miles on it, a retune would help it out no ?
It’s definitely not a slouch. I got it at 70k miles from my brother who bought it new. He recently drove it and didn’t notice anything different. Since it’s my daily I’m not constantly beating on it, but definitely will lay into it almost every time I take it out. It will still absolutely break the tires loose.

It only has a CAI and tune so no major mods. Im not sure if a retune would do much but who knows. I just try to keep it as healthy as possible with frequent oil changes, fresh coolant, fresh brake and clutch fluid etc.

At its current 103k mileage I’ve changed the fuel filter, the main Y coolant hose that sprung a leak, clutch at 80k, spark plugs, coolant tank, squeaky pulley, both serpentine belts, and parking brake cables. Also cleaned throttle body the other day.

·
Registered
2007 Shelby GT500
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It’s definitely not a slouch. I got it at 70k miles from my brother who bought it new. He recently drove it and didn’t notice anything different. Since it’s my daily I’m not constantly beating on it, but definitely will lay into it almost every time I take it out. It will still absolutely break the tires loose.

It only has a CAI and tune so no major mods. Im not sure if a retune would do much but who knows. I just try to keep it as healthy as possible with frequent oil changes, fresh coolant, fresh brake and clutch fluid etc.

At its current 103k mileage I’ve changed the fuel filter, the main Y coolant hose that sprung a leak, clutch at 80k, spark plugs, coolant tank, squeaky pulley, both serpentine belts, and parking brake cables. Also cleaned throttle body the other day.
Yea I recently swapped the clutch in my 07 to an RXT McLeod after it went out, (still in the break in period sadly) as well as changed trans fluid to mobil 1 ATF, I'm pretty much stock, no tune, right now I'm just focused on adding supports mods, I wanna swap out the stock heat exchanger for a better one, also possibly do something for suspension, ect.

My plans after doing all that would probably be to swap the pulley, intake, throttle body, E85, (maybe), I would go with headers but, I'm in Cali, so idk if id want all that attention from cops. Then again its my daily so Idk if I wanna do all that yet.

My just keep it stock for now but I'll still for sure add all the support mods.

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
748 Posts
Bought my '08 in Jan with 67K and it'll be over 70 before the season is up.

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
748 Posts
is it your daily ?
No, it's my nice day driver. It's been to ShelbyFest in May, and is going to Cruise for a Cause in a couple weeks. And it gets out and about a bit in the general area.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
2007 Shelby GT500
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No, it's my nice day driver. It's been to ShelbyFest in May, and is going to Cruise for a Cause in a couple weeks. And it gets out and about a bit in the general area.
When you do drive it, how often do you go above 4k on it lmao

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
748 Posts
When you do drive it, how often do you go above 4k on it lmao
4k miles or RPMs?
The RPMs get up there quite regularly when I'm driving it. Quite a few places to run it.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,367 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,367 Posts
I should roll over 135,000 next week at the Shelby Bash in Vegas. I snapped this pic back in July.

View attachment 222272
That’s bad ASS Austin! And to think of all the epic track days you’ve had in that car! 🤟

Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts