Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been quiet in here so I thought I'd jump in. I live in the southern CT area, about 45 min east of NY city ,1 hour south of Hartford , Boston is about 3 hrs east/NE.
Sometimes attend the Mustang show in Manchester CT at Mustangs Unlimited there are usually 3 every year, spring and summer.1st one is April 27, rain May 4th .
2nd one is on June 1, 2008,rain date is June 8 in case your interested.
http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/Carshows.asp

·
Registered
208 Posts
Glastonbury ct about 20 minutes from Manchester. They have some great shows. I rebuilt a 66 convertable so i know them very well. I like to stop in and visit my money every now and then.

I'll probably be there for 4/27 show.

LLoyd

·
Registered
68 Posts
It's been quiet in here so I thought I'd jump in. I live in the southern CT area, about 45 min east of NY city ,1 hour south of Hartford , Boston is about 3 hrs east/NE.
Sometimes attend the Mustang show in Manchester CT at Mustangs Unlimited there are usually 3 every year, spring and summer.1st one is April 27, rain May 4th .
2nd one is on June 1, 2008,rain date is June 8 in case your interested.
http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/Carshows.asp
:p

·
Registered
29 Posts
I live in Shelton, CT which is about 12 miles north of Bridgeport. I am going to try and make more shows in CT this year. I am also hoping to put a show together in Fairfield County, CT this year. I would love to see it focus on Fords. We need more car shows in CT. What do all of you think?

·
Registered
282 Posts
I live in Wethersfield and have a 2012 on order. I am hoping it comes in before July 4th. I have a mint 2007 Mustang GT Convertible, with less than eight thousand miles on it, that I am looking to sell. Would enjoy getting together when the car comes in. If anyone knows someone looking for a nice GT, let me know.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just traded in my '00 GT Vert for a '12 GT500 a few weeks back. :bigthumb:

So Vernon, CT checking in!

Any CT area rides?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Just traded in my '00 GT Vert for a '12 GT500 a few weeks back. :bigthumb:

So Vernon, CT checking in!

Any CT area rides?
Big event at Mark's Auto Parts on Monday, 6/28/11, for Fords and Shelby's. Marks Auto, Granby, CT.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Used to live in Norwalk, then Shelton, then back to Norwalk. moved to St Louis in 05, then FL in 06. Still here. Nice to see you all representing American musicle in a state full of European imports!

TD

·
Registered
39 Posts
Anyone make it to Mustangs Unlimited Car show in Mancheter today?

I prepped the car last night to possibly go, but it wasn't in the cards. I had a couple of birthday parities I had to go to (family... :badrazz: ).

Maybe I'll at least try Mark's tomorrow, but need to seak out of work early some how... :sick:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Xavier,

I was so po'ed. I cleaned up the car to go to Mustangs Unlimited. I got there about 1000 and they wouldnt let me in because I didnt have a fire extinguisher. Good Lord, the car had 200 miles on it at the time. Anyhow, got stuck at work and couldnt make it to Mark's either.

Anyone on here from CT, my police department is having a nice show on 9/24 at the Irish American Home in Glastonbury, CT. We usually average about 100cars. We have a band, good food and beverages. Zip me a line if you want more info.

Hope to hook up with some of you soon!

Mark

·
Registered
39 Posts
Xavier,

I was so po'ed. I cleaned up the car to go to Mustangs Unlimited. I got there about 1000 and they wouldnt let me in because I didnt have a fire extinguisher. Good Lord, the car had 200 miles on it at the time. Anyhow, got stuck at work and couldnt make it to Mark's either.

Anyone on here from CT, my police department is having a nice show on 9/24 at the Irish American Home in Glastonbury, CT. We usually average about 100cars. We have a band, good food and beverages. Zip me a line if you want more info.

Hope to hook up with some of you soon!

Mark
Wow, that's lame! I thought I read that fire extinguisher rule somewhere, but I figured it was for nitros cars or something. A month earlier, at a Mustangs Unlimited car show, I got in no problem.

If I'm around on 9/24, I can go.

Are you a Glastonbury cop? I grew up in Manchester and now live in Vernon area.

-Mark (and I'm also Mark, just use xavier for most usernames...)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Mark,

Yes, I am a police officer in Glastonbury. I have been there about 16 years. The Shelby is a great car. I have owned twelve other Mustangs, but this thing is unreal. I don't know if your doing anything this Tuesday night, but McDonalds in Glastonbury on Main Street has a nice show every week on Tuesdays. I can actually make it this week as I don't have school. They average about 75-100 cars and they have music and obviously the food is right there. Zip me a line if you want to hook up there and we can shoot the breeze.

Take it easy,
Mark

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am stationed in NC and when I drive up to see the Family I wondered if theres any thing to do being that there is no drag strips close enough. Might be up in September, we need to get a cruise together. New Britain!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mark,

Yes, I am a police officer in Glastonbury. I have been there about 16 years. The Shelby is a great car. I have owned twelve other Mustangs, but this thing is unreal. I don't know if your doing anything this Tuesday night, but McDonalds in Glastonbury on Main Street has a nice show every week on Tuesdays. I can actually make it this week as I don't have school. They average about 75-100 cars and they have music and obviously the food is right there. Zip me a line if you want to hook up there and we can shoot the breeze.

Take it easy,
Mark
Sounds like a great time but Tuesdays are my league golf nights, at least until August about.

Twelve other mustangs??? Wow! This is my 3rd mustang, 1st Shelby, and it is an amazing car!

My other mustangs I use to do a bunch of mods here and there, but now with kids my last mustang gathered dust. So I got the Shelby thinking they are too nice for anyone to do mods, then I found these boards and was wrong. Now the mod bug is trying to sneak back in...

We should definitely try and meet up at some upcoming CT event. Two GT500 Verts!

-Mark

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am stationed in NC and when I drive up to see the Family I wondered if theres any thing to do being that there is no drag strips close enough. Might be up in September, we need to get a cruise together. New Britain!
Hard Hittin New Britian huh!

Yeah, drop us a line and we should try and do a cruise or something.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts