Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
So. Cal I meant. Don"t know how to edit tittle. Sorry.

Anybody??

I have never paid a premium or padded price for anything. Not even on my new 500.

A local Chevy dealer has 2015 Z06s and he does not mark up the price. In fact non of his inventory on any model is marked up.

If the GT350 gets near the price of the 2015 Z06, due to hype marketing premiums, I'll be looking at one in the rear view mirror of my Z06 when on the tracks.

Of course I'll be keeping my 500 though. I'll need my 500 to tow the vette back home when it over heats.

·
Premium Member
6,641 Posts
Re: Any Ford dealers in So. that will not pad the cost of GT350?

I think that it's pointless to look for a deal for a "2015" model, given the limited build and all the (who-cares to me) hype regarding its limited numbers.

However, I'd think you could find a dealer to honor MSRP on a 2016.

Honestly, I think the line for 2015 Z06's is a hell of a lot shorter than the line for the new GT350's, regardless of which car is faster.

You're simply asking for MSRP too early. If you had been looking for a Z06 at MSRP 5 months before a single one hit a showroom, you would've been looking far and wide for that as well...

·
Registered
2,354 Posts

Yep, with some patience, you can probably find one below msrp next year.

·
Premium Member
641 Posts

All the dealerships I called in So Cal wanted a premium, from 5 to 15K. I was able to get my 14 at MSRP but I had to go to Ridgecrest. It had been siting at their store for 4 months and I knew no one in Ridgecrest was going to buy that car, it is a truck and SUV town. I pointed that out and all we haggled on was the price for my trade, but I knew what they were making approx on the 14 and I know what my trade was worth. It only took about 15 mins, and when it was done, I was happy and they were happy.

I don't know if they will get any GT350's, but I would go back and buy from them again.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts

What about ordering one at msrp. Can they be ordered or are they only bought off the lot?

Sent from iPhone 6 AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
6,641 Posts

You can order anything, but the dealer has to have the allocation... I'm fairly certain that ALL of the 2015 allocations have already been ordered, so you'd be putting in an order on a 2016.

I special-ordered my 2011... Glass roof SVTPP Silver stripe-delete GT500's weren't exactly commonplace sitting on showroom floors... ;)

·
Registered
2,881 Posts

So how does a dealer get an allocation? You might have said once before on here, just trying to get educated before the new Raptors come out.

Sent from iPhone 6 AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I think the allocations are based on the dealers previous sales of the vehicle. Galpin Ford seems to be a big mover of high performance stuff. They get a lot of high performance vehicles.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
34,207 Posts
Fixed your title for you and moved to California section.

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
Working at a ford store I think 99% of all dealers are going to have a bump sticker.
U might find a dealer who doesnt but unless your already on the waiting list I dont see that happening. I thought about getting one of our allocations as a weekend driver and investment .... but I dont want to get rid of the shelby and I dont think I could get it since we already have a waiting list from our preferred customer list.

don

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I'll never pay above msrp - ever....absolutely no way. I'll not worry about a short run year...isn't gonna inflate value down the road. Only thing that would is something that's different about the car. They may only make 200 (base and r) in 15 but the 16 will be made in the thousands.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
34,207 Posts
Contact Jeff at Hyper Stangs in Albuquerque. If he can, he will take care of you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts