Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Read the owner's manual... Then drive it like you stole it..

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Owners Manuel....is that the thing that explains child safety restrainst, for 30 pages....

you know as far as reading the Manuel, it just didn't grab me, so I peaked at the end, and it said your warranty has been voided.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Break-in, smeak-in....drive it like u stole it.:bananahump-slvrathl

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
Owners Manuel....is that the thing that explains child safety restrainst, for 30 pages....

you know as far as reading the Manuel, it just didn't grab me, so I peaked at the end, and it said your warranty has been voided.

Not only a smartass, but trying to make friends early on. Nice move. And by the way, Manuel owns a great little place for tortas and cervezas frias.

bj

:stickpoke:

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not only a smartass, but trying to make friends early on. Nice move. And by the way, Manuel owns a great little place for tortas and cervezas frias.

bj

:stickpoke:

oh jeeze...I can see myself getting banned out of here in a weak....its called sarcasm.

So you won't be my friend...awww..please....:boohoo:

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thnaks I appreciate it. I read the GT500 supplement which stated the boost limit, and was just wondering if there was any other break in "guidelines".

Information on these cars is limited, I have owned several GTs over the years and tech support (write & wrong) was plentiful.

Thanks again :bigthumb:

·
Registered
658 Posts
Do you think John Force waits for a break in period?:rofl:

·
Registered
191 Posts
My break-in period consists of installing a TVS blower and cat-back system and tuning it on the dyno. All with 50 miles on it.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

However, once its all dialed in, I expect to take my time learning the car, so I'm not going to be hammering on it constantly until I know how to drive it with complete competancy.

Enjoy the car! :)

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Thnaks I appreciate it. I read the GT500 supplement which stated the boost limit, and was just wondering if there was any other break in "guidelines".

Information on these cars is limited, I have owned several GTs over the years and tech support (write & wrong) was plentiful.

Thanks again :bigthumb:
For the first 500 miles I made sure to vary my RPM's and not be too agressive.

Then I put on a JLT Stage I CAI at 800 miles.

What a blast.

·
Registered
658 Posts
For the first 500 miles I made sure to vary my RPM's and not be too agressive.

Then I put on a JLT Stage I CAI at 800 miles.

What a blast.
Nice pics Rob, looks cleaner than new!:)

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
I am not an engine builder so take this with a grain of salt:

IMHO most machining tolerances are so close these days that the long break in periods of years past are truly passe.

For example, your car was placed on a road dyno before it ever left the factory. So the factory was kind enough to handle the 1st heat cycle!!

Give it 3-5 more heat cycles (cycle = cold up to operating temp and back to full cold).

Just my $.02

1 - 17 of 17 Posts