Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to put an anti theft device....something that is ignition or gas cutoff or both. Has anybody installed one... who is the manufacturer and do you like it ?

I'm also thinking about a tracking GPS so if someones does steal it , you know where it is. Anyone put one in ?

Thanks

·
Registered
382 Posts
I would probably look into a LoJack system All the DPS guys that hang around here say thats the ticket. Approximately every 4th or 5th DPS car in AZ have LoJack receivers in them...........

·
Registered
147 Posts
I would like to put an anti theft device....something that is ignition or gas cutoff or both. Has anybody installed one... who is the manufacturer and do you like it ?

I'm also thinking about a tracking GPS so if someones does steal it , you know where it is. Anyone put one in ?

Thanks
The system I have is made by Ravelco (www.ravelco.com). It is directly wired into several systems that are required for the starting of the car & a plug is required to start the car, but it still allows you to run all the accessories without the plug installed. It does not have any locating features. According to their site, the only way to take the car is to use a flatbed tow truck. This system is defined as a Class III system, where LoJack is a Class IV (the highest rating). Ravelco is installed into your vehicle at your house by the regional installer. The installation takes 5-6 hours. Under the hood, you can't see any of the wiring since the installer weaves them into the factory harnesses. It was $375 installed.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I have Lojack.

Make sure it is used widely in your area, I know there are a lot of areas that aren't covered. Most of the east coast is.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Thanks
I put in Vandal Alert Theft Avoidance Module. Very simple install takes 5 min. Replace the starter solenoid with TAM. It seems too simple I'm sure a pro could by pass easily. Works good so far.

http://www.emergingent.com/powerstroke/

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
What was your address again?

:)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
me too

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
What was the cost????
It was a year and a half ago.

I don't remember exactly, but I think the deluxe set-up is around $900, I paid $475 because I know people.

·
Registered
69 Posts
There are 2 packages you can get. I got the higher priced package. I think it was 1400.00 total.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
There are 2 packages you can get. I got the higher priced package. I think it was 1400.00 total.
Thats what I got, the 'early warning system'. Got it at a steal.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I give up.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank y'all very much....I'll contact the LoJack people.

I was wondering since the system is activated by the police are there safeguards or rules to keep them from monitor1ng you? At times I've been known to exceed the speed limit. I don't want to be busted by my own car.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts