Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I told you all about my day in court on Monday.Here's what happened when I went to work on Tuesday.It's 6:30 am and I'm sitting there reading the Detroit Free Press.I'm reading about the Chrysler workers voting NO on their new contract.I'm thinking to myself "are you guys nuts"?:eek: My boss says"Fred if we go out on strike will you come in and work?Huh:eek: I look around and everybody is looking at me.Ok whats going on?My boss says"Fred if we go out on strike will you come in and work"?:eek:Huh:eek: Now I 'm I am not liking this line of questioning.:confused: My boss says"well,will you?:confused: My boss says"your union says it's ok".Ha ha ha ha ha,yeh right.:confused: Now I am baffled:confused: "I have to go talk to the Plant Chairman,I'll be back":confused: So now I am talking to the Chairman and I said"my boss wants to know if I'll come in and work if we go on strike"?He said "will you"?Huh:eek: So after a lengthy discussion I find out that FoMoCo and the UAW have an agreement that if there is a strike they will work a select few people to maintain the HVAC and paint mix rooms till the strike is over.I said my concern would be crossing my own picket line.I don't want hard feelings or worse.:confused: I have never had a conversation like that in 28 years,huh:eek:

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Ok I told you all about my day in court on Monday.Here's what happened when I went to work on Tuesday.It's 6:30 am and I'm sitting there reading the Detroit Free Press.I'm reading about the Chrysler workers voting NO on their new contract.I'm thinking to myself "are you guys nuts"?:eek: My boss says"Fred if we go out on strike will you come in and work?Huh:eek: I look around and everybody is looking at me.Ok whats going on?My boss says"Fred if we go out on strike will you come in and work"?:eek:Huh:eek: Now I 'm I am not liking this line of questioning.:confused: My boss says"well,will you?:confused: My boss says"your union says it's ok".Ha ha ha ha ha,yeh right.:confused: Now I am baffled:confused: "I have to go talk to the Plant Chairman,I'll be back":confused: So now I am talking to the Chairman and I said"my boss wants to know if I'll come in and work if we go on strike"?He said "will you"?Huh:eek: So after a lengthy discussion I find out that FoMoCo and the UAW have an agreement that if there is a strike they will work a select few people to maintain the HVAC and paint mix rooms till the strike is over.I said my concern would be crossing my own picket line.I don't want hard feelings or worse.:confused: I have never had a conversation like that in 28 years,huh:eek:
Sounds like a test Fred........ :confused: Understand your confusion. Can you ask to see that in writing from Plant Chairman, and have him share with rank and file..........?:eek: Been on both sides of a similar issue at VZ. Your instincts to be concerned are justified. Had the exact thing happen when a CWA member, before becoming mgt. Slightly different jobs, but same situation.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
That is really crappy position to put you in. I can't believe that. That really sucks.

So....will you??? :D :p ;) :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
Do know the situation. It happened here when we went on strike they needed people to keep the powerhouse running. Special permission was given but I know the guys weren't to crazy about it

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is really crappy position to put you in. I can't believe that. That really sucks.

So....will you??? :D :p ;) :rolleyes: :D

That's what I like about you.You are right up front.:D I will have to have a few more sleepless nights and talk to a few people before I can answer that.;) I hope we don't go on strike nobody wins.:eek:

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
That's what I like about you.You are right up front.:D I will have to have a few more sleepless nights and talk to a few people before I can answer that.;) I hope we don't go on strike nobody wins.:eek:
That's the Ugly truth!!!!!!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Don't blame the Unions or Businesses. Blame the Politicians; they are the one that allow products to be imported into our country, made in a manor that would not be legal or acceptable in our own country!! Both Republican and Democrats are responsible. When a product is made that does not meet our Labor (Child, Work Hour, Working Conditions), and Environmental laws; that product should be either banned or taxed to the point it makes up for the cost of meeting those laws.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Right On Mobey!

I am prohibited by federal law from striking (well at least until recently - but not in a meaningful way...)

Don't get me started - Fed Reserve bank, Congress, both political parties, IRS... I think I need a drink.

TD

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Damn, Fred. Now look what you started. You got everyone worked into such a frenzy I'm thinking we might have a coup in the works. LOL!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damn, Fred. Now look what you started. You got everyone worked into such a frenzy I'm thinking we might have a coup in the works. LOL!

Ok fine but I'm having a drink twoooooooooooo or threeeeeeeeeeee:D :D

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Ok fine but I'm having a drink twoooooooooooo or threeeeeeeeeeee:D :D
Me too! In fact, I'm sitting in a bar right now with a tall, frosty beverage in front of me. Go Rockies!!!

(this site is really hard to navigate on my phone)

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Me too! In fact, I'm sitting in a bar right now with a tall, frosty beverage in front of me. Go Rockies!!!

Hey aren't you suppose to be at home shoveling snow?:p ;) Go Rockies:D :D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

RP(ET) phone home.LOL:D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Hey aren't you suppose to be at home shoveling snow?:p ;) Go Rockies:D :D
All the snow has melted already. I'm waiting for the 1st lady to show up with...wait...here it comes...our World Series Tickets!!! Woo Hoo!! 4 tix for each game Sat, Sun & Mon!!! I know, I know...y'all are so green with envy.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All the snow has melted already. I'm waiting for the 1st lady to show up with...wait...here it comes...our World Series Tickets!!! Woo Hoo!! 4 tix for each game Sat, Sun & Mon!!! I know, I know...y'all are so green with envy.

Prez isn't that an open top stadium?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Prez isn't that an open top stadium?
:eek:

Open Tops? I wonder how many sets of first lady's you'd see at an open top baseball game!: D

·
Registered
933 Posts
If its anything like here in Calgary, ladies with open tops get in free.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:eek:

Open Tops? I wonder how many sets of first lady's you'd see at an open top baseball game!: D

No no no no no.Not that kind of open top:cool: Rick is that a roofless stadium?I know it was.;)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
No no no no no.Not that kind of open top:cool: Rick is that a roofless stadium?I know it was.;)
You guys are killing me. :D

The stadium is topless, the first lady is not. OK, so the first lady is topless sometimes, just not at the topless stadium. I have pics...of the stadium, not the first lady. Well, actually I do have pics of the first lady, just not topless. The stadium is topless in the pics though. Is everyone confused? I'm confused. :confused: :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 62 Posts