Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1481 - 1500 of 1534 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
1,608 Posts
GT500 has been parked outside for a week or so while I’m working on the stereo install in the garage. Making a mess cutting MDF, gluing, painting, etc. I noticed the Amazon delivery guy walking all around the car taking pictures on my surveillance camera. I’ve owned a lot of Mustangs, but never had delivery guys taking pics of one. :)
We had to have the windshield replaced on the Raptor the other day. Caught a rock on our Shelbyfest trip. I had to have the garage open and a spot cleared in case it rained. The girl who came out from Safelite to install it was all over the Shelby. She asked me the same question I've been asked numerous times over the last nine years, "are those the stock wheels?", "I love them!". One reason I've kept them. She also asked several questions about the Fairlane. I was very surprised of the interest from this twenty something girl! Curious what cameras you went with. We have nine of the Netgear Arlo cameras around our place.

·
Registered
2020 GT500
283 Posts
We have nine of the Netgear Arlo cameras around our place.
B: A friend and I just installed a Lorex system with five external domes or bullets and one internal dome with PTZ and a 16port NVR. I'm still tweaking the motion detection zones but so far, I'm most impressed with the 4k system from Lorex. The software however is pretty non user-friendly. I may look for an aftermarket app that acts like a real Windoze app.

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
768 Posts
We had to have the windshield replaced on the Raptor the other day. Caught a rock on our Shelbyfest trip. I had to have the garage open and a spot cleared in case it rained. The girl who came out from Safelite to install it was all over the Shelby. She asked me the same question I've been asked numerous times over the last nine years, "are those the stock wheels?", "I love them!". One reason I've kept them. She also asked several questions about the Fairlane. I was very surprised of the interest from this twenty something girl! Curious what cameras you went with. We have nine of the Netgear Arlo cameras around our place.
I have Nest cameras. The first gen ones are awesome, but the new Google developed ones are junk. As usual Google destroys everything it touches. Lol The new ones are much lower resolution and have much less functionality. I think Google is trying to save cloud storage bandwidth. I have 9 cams too. Just bought 1k worth of the old ones off amazon before the old stock dries up. Will have 14 cams then.

·
Registered
2022 Grabber Blue Metallic CFTP
93 Posts
I own a gas station and I picked my GT500 CFTP about a month ago. I’ve had a chance to bring my GT500 to the store only a handful of few times. While most comments are positive, there’s always few negatives that stick out the most. For example: must be nice to buy an expensive ass car or you still got your truck and you bought a brand new car? SMH.
Anyways here’s an interesting story. One of my regular customers (couple) wanted their son (13 yr old) to go for a ride. I had a few mins I could spare since I had an employee working in the store. So I took him for a brief short ride. He was grinning as soon as he hopped in. I was telling him about the interior, my seats, no rear seats, chassis number and how special this car is while pulling through the parking lot. Got this empty quarter mile stretch while pulled away on to the highway. I knew this was going to be good. His parents sat in the parking lot and had their phones out. I punched it and got up to 75 mph. I looked over to see if the kid was alright and he was speechless and blown away because at that time none of us were talking 🤣. He was beyond amazed and made his day. Probably inspired him to buy a hot rod in future. His parents told me later how he was bragging about it to his friends since he took pictures when we got back. That was the best moment I’ve had owning my GT500 so far.

·
Registered
22 HE CFTP
310 Posts
I own a gas station and I picked my GT500 CFTP about a month ago. I’ve had a chance to bring my GT500 to the store only a handful of few times. While most comments are positive, there’s always few negatives that stick out the most. For example: must be nice to buy an expensive ass car or you still got your truck and you bought a brand new car? SMH.
Anyways here’s an interesting story. One of my regular customers (couple) wanted their son (13 yr old) to go for a ride. I had a few mins I could spare since I had an employee working in the store. So I took him for a brief short ride. He was grinning as soon as he hopped in. I was telling him about the interior, my seats, no rear seats, chassis number and his special this car is while pulling through the parking lot. Got this empty quarter mile stretch while pulled away on to the highway. I knew this was going to be interesting. His parents sat in the parking lot and had their phones out. I punched it and got up to 75 mph or so quickly. I looked over to see if the kid was alright and he was speechless and blown away because at that time none of us were talking 🤣. He was beyond amazed and made his day. Probably inspired him to buy a hot rod in future. His parents told me later how he was bragging about it to his friends since he took pictures when we got back. That’s probably the best moment I’ve had owning my GT500 so far.
love the reaction with the kid. My son is the same way. Also I hate when people make the comments like that about “must be nice to be able to afford that”. I was never like that. I always strived to work harder or save more to get what I wanted. I remember as a kid I would see nice cars working my $5.25 an hour job, thinking one day I’ll get there. I would always ask questions how they made it to where they are. Never once did I think “must be nice “. It was always “ how did you do it and can you teach me, because one day I’ll be there too”

·
Registered
2020 Twister Orange HP GT500
228 Posts
love the reaction with the kid. My son is the same way. Also I hate when people make the comments like that about “must be nice to be able to afford that”. I was never like that. I always strived to work harder or save more to get what I wanted. I remember as a kid I would see nice cars working my $5.25 an hour job, thinking one day I’ll get there. I would always ask questions how they made it to where they are. Never once did I think “must be nice “. It was always “ how did you do it and can you teach me, because one day I’ll be there too”
Totally agree. I've worked my ass off to be where I am today, and there were some pretty tough jobs over the years (present job included). Never had anything handed to me on a silver platter. Family comes first, but if I can afford a Shelby, I'm not about to apologize for that. Sorry, not trying to come across like I'm better than the next guy. It just burns me when people get judged by others out of pure jealousy.

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
768 Posts
Anyways here’s an interesting story. One of my regular customers (couple) wanted their son (13 yr old) to go for a ride. I had a few mins I could spare since I had an employee working in the store. So I took him for a brief short ride. He was grinning as soon as he hopped in. I was telling him about the interior, my seats, no rear seats, chassis number and his special this car is while pulling through the parking lot. Got this empty quarter mile stretch while pulled away on to the highway. I knew this was going to be interesting. His parents sat in the parking lot and had their phones out. I punched it and got up to 75 mph or so quickly. I looked over to see if the kid was alright and he was speechless and blown away because at that time none of us were talking 🤣. He was beyond amazed and made his day. Probably inspired him to buy a hot rod in future. His parents told me later how he was bragging about it to his friends since he took pictures when we got back. That’s probably the best moment I’ve had owning my GT500 so far.
Some people are just shitty and want to be nasty when they see something they can’t afford. I don’t get it. I love cars and am happy for people that have cars a lot nicer than I own that I don’t have a snowball’s chance in hell of owning. I have noticed a lot of sour grapes from other Mustang owners myself. For example, I went to a local car show recently where they basically shut the whole town down for the show. At the end of the day, everybody cruises up and down the main strip, and people gather along the road edges to watch the cars. I stopped by an auto parts store where probably 50 Mustangs were parked so the wife and I could relax and watch for a while, and not a single person would even look us in the eye or spoke to us. There were a lot of cars there I would have loved to look at and chat with the owners. That’s not the first time something like that has happened, either.

·
Registered
2022 Grabber Blue Metallic CFTP
93 Posts
Some people are just shitty and want to be nasty when they see something they can’t afford. I don’t get it. I love cars and am happy for people that have cars a lot nicer than I own that I don’t have a snowball’s chance in hell of owning. I have noticed a lot of sour grapes from other Mustang owners myself. For example, I went to a local car show recently where they basically shut the whole town down for the show. At the end of the day, everybody cruises up and down the main strip, and people gather along the road edges to watch the cars. I stopped by an auto parts store where probably 50 Mustangs were parked so the wife and I could relax and watch for a while, and not a single person would even look us in the eye or spoke to us. There were a lot of cars there I would have loved to look at and chat with the owners. That’s not the first time something like that has happened, either.
I'm like you, I love cars. Not just in particular ford, or just the mustangs. I've had people tell me I am driving a POS Mustang. I didn't even say anything back because I know it's not worth my time. If I see someone driving a new Z06, I'd love to have an educated conversation with them talking about the vehicle rather than saying "Let's race and see which one is better or be jealous about it"

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 HP Carbonized Metallic Gray
1,768 Posts
Totally agree. I've worked my ass off to be where I am today, and there were some pretty tough jobs over the years (present job included). Never had anything handed to me on a silver platter. Family comes first, but if I can afford a Shelby, I'm not about to apologize for that. Sorry, not trying to come across like I'm better than the next guy. It just burns me when people get judged by others out of pure jealousy.
When people say stuff like that I always tell them I’ve been picking up every penny I see since I was a kid and finally figured out what I wanted to buy with all those pennies.

·
Premium Member
Ruby Red 2014
2,720 Posts

I am in my late 50’s. I grew up when our culture was that you admired successful people. If you had an opportunity to learn from them, you did. It increased the odds you too could become successful.

Our current culture is swimming in BS that if your life isn’t what you want, it is the fault of successful people, cause lord knows, they got ahead by some “Privilege” they possess so be resentful and use the ballot box to punish them.

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
768 Posts
I am in my late 50’s. I grew up when our culture was that you admired successful people. If you had an opportunity to learn from them, you did. It increased the odds you too could become successful.

Our current culture is swimming in BS that if your life isn’t what you want, it is the fault of successful people, cause lord knows, they got ahead by some “Privilege” they possess so be resentful and use the ballot box to punish them.
Yeah, I could never understood that nasty, sour grapes attitude. I have friends with gobs more money than I can ever dream of, and I’m genuinely happy for them when they get a new awesome car or build their dream house, whatever. I don’t know if I’m considered a successful person, but nobody ever gave me anything. I worked my ass off learning my trade from the school of hard knocks with a lot of help from my dad along the way. My dad is career Air Force and worked in mediocre paying civil service jobs for another 20 years after retiring from the AF before he went out on his own and built his company and really started doing well. He risked a lifetime of scrimped and saved money to get where he is now, and now it’s my turn. I just hope I can build his company into something even bigger before they can tax me out of existence. The current situation isn’t pretty.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Stopped at a local car show today. Two guys approached my car as I was getting out, and one asked me if he could hear my exhaust. He said he was looking to buy a newer GT500, but hadn't heard the exhaust in person. I started it in quiet mode and rev'd the engine. His eyes went wide, and he said "Thanks, that sounds great!". I said, "Oh, I'm not done. This is Track Mode.". I rev'd it hard twice. His mouth was hanging open. He couldn't believe it was stock.

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
Stopped at a local car show today. Two guys approached my car as I was getting out, and one asked me if he could hear my exhaust. He said he was looking to buy a newer GT500, but hadn't heard the exhaust in person. I started it in quiet mode and rev'd the engine. His eyes went wide, and he said "Thanks, that sounds great!". I said, "Oh, I'm not done. This is Track Mode.". I rev'd it hard twice. His mouth was hanging open. He couldn't believe it was stock.
He will be a new member soon asking about finding an allocation 😂😂

·
Registered
228 Posts
He will be a new member soon asking about finding an allocation 😂😂
Exactly!! I told him the GT500 was done in this configuration as of '22, and he better start seriously looking soon to find the lowest dealer mark-up. The dealer where I bought mine finally sold the last of the 6 used '20-'21 GT500's they had. I had totally intended to wait unitl next year to buy one. Man, I'm SOOOOOOO glad I went ahead and pulled the trigger.

·
Premium Member
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP Carbonized Gray
593 Posts
Ok, so did a 100 mile tour today (875 now on my way to 1,000 before mods begin). Three amusing reactions worth mentioning, and each one gets better…

1) We went to a state park and had a picnic. We’re sitting at the picnic table about 50 feet away. Most everyone that arrived in the parking area after we did had to make a special trip over to check out the car. In particular, a dad and his “maybe 5-6 yr old” son came by the car and the kid said, “I wanta car like that one”. The dad said, “maybe someday son” and kept on walking. The kid nearly fell down 3 times walking off because he kept staring back at the car. It was hilarious. Have to wander if that was his pivotal moment…I’ve created another future hot rodder? 🤷‍♂️.

2) Driving through town and I see this yellow Challenger SRT8 two cars behind me trying his best to get around some cars to get up next to me. I take my time and he finally gets clear and races up beside me. Well, I’m thinking he’s about to start something. He rolls down his window and starts giving all sorts of thumbs up kind of gestures of approval. You’d think he just seen Elvis 🤣. Pretty cool to get a Mopar guy to acknowledge a Shelby with respect.

3) Ok, best of the day in my opinion. My wife had already told me 5 minutes earlier we need to be heading home because she needs to pee. So, I’m on the 4 lane about to pass the last exit before getting to our exit and she grabs the steering wheel and pulls me off onto the exit ramp and says, “You’re NOT taking me home today without going 130mph on our favorite back road strip!!” I said, “I thought you had to pee” and she intensely responded, “I don’t pee until I go 130mph!” I’m so in love with this woman 🥰.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ok, so did a 100 mile tour today (875 now on my way to 1,000 before mods begin). Three amusing reactions worth mentioning, and each one gets better…

1) We went to a state park and had a picnic. We’re sitting at the picnic table about 50 feet away. Most everyone that arrived in the parking area after we did had to make a special trip over to check out the car. In particular, a dad and his “maybe 5-6 yr old” son came by the car and the kid said, “I wanta car like that one”. The dad said, “maybe someday son” and kept on walking. The kid nearly fell down 3 times walking off because he kept staring back at the car. It was hilarious. Have to wander if that was his pivotal moment…I’ve created another future hot rodder? 🤷‍♂️.

2) Driving through town and I see this yellow Challenger SRT8 two cars behind me trying his best to get around some cars to get up next to me. I take my time and he finally gets clear and races up beside me. Well, I’m thinking he’s about to start something. He rolls down his window and starts giving all sorts of thumbs up kind of gestures of approval. You’d think he just seen Elvis 🤣. Pretty cool to get a Mopar guy to acknowledge a Shelby with respect.

3) Ok, best of the day in my opinion. My wife had already told me 5 minutes earlier we need to be heading home because she needs to pee. So, I’m on the 4 lane about to pass the last exit before getting to our exit and she grabs the steering wheel and pulls me off onto the exit ramp and says, “You’re NOT taking me home today without going 130mph on our favorite back road strip!!” I said, “I thought you had to pee” and she intensely responded, “I don’t pee until I go 130mph!” I’m so in love with this woman 🥰.
I've gotten thumbs ups from several Mopar and Chev guys. Not a single Mustang has given me a thumbs up yet. Kinda funny IMO.

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
768 Posts
I've gotten thumbs ups from several Mopar and Chev guys. Not a single Mustang has given me a thumbs up yet. Kinda funny IMO.
I’ve only had one Mustang ever acknowledge mine on the road, and it wasn’t a thumbs up. It was a young guy next to me at a traffic light in an early S550 GT. He rolled down his window and asked if it was a GT350. When I told him it was a 500 he about jumped out of his seat. Lol.

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts

Great Day! That last one had me cracking up so loud!

I had both my kids rolling with me today. We stopped by a car show that should have 200+ but we only saw like 8 cars there.

That little kid will never forget your car. It’s been permanently burned into his memory and he will likely become a car guy. I guarantee he already has a Hotwheels collection. I’ve literally caught my son before he face planted nearly breaking his neck to keep eyes on a car he really liked. I’ve learned to let him walk me not the other way around or he will hurt him self 😂

The Mopar guys hit 2 categories for me. 1. The diehards who can’t ever agree any Mustang could beat them. I’m filling a secret part’s account with their money. (I’ve run 6-0 on a 8 car group) Still they’d never tell anyone I smoked them. I’ve learned to have distain for many of them. 2. The car guy’s who just love cars and know a Shelby GT500 is something special so they have a bit of respect. These guys you can talk to for hours!

Mustang GT guys are on a different planet I feel like they resent GT500 guys? I don’t believe in Ford of Ford violence but I’ve been pushed a couple times and deposited their money as well 😂😂😂.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Was leaving a Best Buy right as it was closing. Instantly spot another GT500 rolling up to me. I start waving. We both say “Nice car” at the same time. Turns out he saw my GT500 in the parking lot and waited to say hi. We start talking. About 15 mins later, a GT350 pulls up. He’s as excited as we are to see what is now a trio of Shelbys in a nearly empty parking lot. We start talking Shelby this and that for the next 45 mins…line up the cars, take pics, rev the engines, etc. I start looking around…at least half of the Best Buy employees (an hour after closing) are huddled together at a standstill by the cart rack looking at the cars and smiling and pointing. The other half is taking pictures from the entrance. In addition to the Best Buy kids, we had multiple people cruise over from entirely different stores and lots to look and give us a thumbs up, including a Hellcat driver. When my girlfriend asked why it took two hours for me to get her iPhone charger, I showed her my mini Shelbyfest picture and she immediately understood. Fun day.
Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

1481 - 1500 of 1534 Posts