Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1461 - 1480 of 1534 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
42,718 Posts
I was working in San Antonio back in 2000, and I was driving by a Ford dealer that had a '00 R parked out front. Almost wrecked trying to turn around to go see it. First and last time I've ever seen one.
You are welcome to come over to see my R. Send me a pm when you have some free time.

·
Premium Member
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP Carbonized Gray
593 Posts
Well, I get to post my first amusing reaction and I haven’t even drove my car yet. It was delivered yesterday and I’m there as it’s unloaded. Now, you need to understand this delivery guy neither speaks nor understands any English at all. We literally had to communicate through his translator app on his phone. My guess is he was Russian, but not for certain. I’m taking pictures of the car and he taps me on the shoulder and has me follow him. Takes me around to the window sticker and points at the $102,050 price with that deer in the headlights look. I just laughed not sure what he was inferring. He speaks into his app and says, “the car is so expensive”. Yep, I could have told you that 🤣.

·
Registered
2020 Twister Orange HP GT500
228 Posts
Stopped at Lowes yesterday to pick up a few things. I was driving in Track Mode, and parked on the far side of the parking lot. As I'm walking in, I pass a young guy that worked there walking the opposite direction, and i noticed he was looking out into the parking lot, but i didn't think anything about it. i get about 30-40 feet past him, then he yells and asks if I was the one driving the orange GT500. I said I was, and he screamed "Oh my God that thing is sick!!!".Made my day.

·
Registered
2011 GT500 PP
10 Posts
I just had an interesting one happen that I'd like to share. I was out this afternoon running a few errands in my 11 GT500. As I was walking to my car in the parking lot to leave, a gentleman rushes in next to me in a F-150 and excitedly motions to roll down the window. I am not exactly a people person in these situations, but I still drive a red Shelby even know I can't take it out with some one yelling something at me (good or bad) or people walking up asking questions whenever I fill up. I said screw it, I'll see what he wants. It turned out he builds the motors at the Ford Romeo plant and he wanted to see if his signature was on my engine. We popped the hood and it turned out his name was on there!! He was so excited. He said he was across the street filling up when I pulled in and he waited for me to come out. He was so exited I had to tell him to grab his phone and take a picture 😁. He mentioned he has been building these motors since 2006 and he and his co-workers try to find any of their names on the motors if they find one out in the wild.

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
I just had an interesting one happen that I'd like to share. I was out this afternoon running a few errands in my 11 GT500. As I was walking to my car in the parking lot to leave, a gentleman rushes in next to me in a F-150 and excitedly motions to roll down the window. I am not exactly a people person in these situations, but I still drive a red Shelby even know I can't take it out with some one yelling something at me (good or bad) or people walking up asking questions whenever I fill up. I said screw it, I'll see what he wants. It turned out he builds the motors at the Ford Romeo plant and he wanted to see if his signature was on my engine. We popped the hood and it turned out his name was on there!! He was so excited. He said he was across the street filling up when I pulled in and he waited for me to come out. He was so exited I had to tell him to grab his phone and take a picture 😁. He mentioned he has been building these motors since 2006 and he and his co-workers try to find any of their names on the motors if they find one out in the wild.
Now that is just too cool…thanks for sharing. Had to read that one to my wife.

·
Registered
2021 GT500, Gray, TP+Rec
309 Posts
I just had an interesting one happen that I'd like to share. I was out this afternoon running a few errands in my 11 GT500. As I was walking to my car in the parking lot to leave, a gentleman rushes in next to me in a F-150 and excitedly motions to roll down the window. ....
THAT is a cool story

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
5,085 Posts
That’s neat! Did you get his signature? Wait, you’ve already got it! 😂

·
Registered
2011 GT500 PP
10 Posts
I was going to ask the same thing!!! 😂🤣
Thinking about it now, I should have gotten it :), or a picture of him next to the car at least. It would be something nice to keep along side the car.

It was nice speaking with him. He mentioned the Romeo plant is closing and that the Predator will make its way into the Raptor. He also shared some photos of the assembly line. What was funny for me was that the GT500 nerds can tell you all the stats, year, horse power etc. on the car darn near by looking at the stripes. He thought it was the 5.8 then realized wait!... 2011, 5.4, 550HP. He worked it all out on his own. 😁

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
So today the wife and I hit the road on our way to 1,000 miles this month…now at 630. We want at least 1,000 break-in miles before the epic performance upgrades beginning in August. So, other than the typical thumbs up, stares in awe, and people snapping pictures with their phones…this one today was hilarious. We are taking back roads, and come to the road across the damn of a very large lake. The road across the damn is probably 1/3 mile, so hey, it time to open it up, right. Probably hit 100 right quick and eased out the other side. Well, there’s are large pull off area there as we ease out the other side and there’s probably 20 motorcycle guys hanging out by their bikes and of course witnessed my little spirited drive. One of them came running toward the road with his phone up like he was videoing, so I let her rip from 20 to about 100 right in front of him while he videoed. Wife looked in the rear view mirror and said when I let off he was jumping up and down in excitement. Guess our little sprint is probably on somebody’s Facebook page tonight with 100 likes and we don’t even get to see it 🤣.

·
Registered
2020 Twister Orange HP GT500
228 Posts
So today the wife and I hit the road on our way to 1,000 miles this month…now at 630. We want at least 1,000 break-in miles before the epic performance upgrades beginning in August. So, other than the typical thumbs up, stares in awe, and people snapping pictures with their phones…this one today was hilarious. We are taking back roads, and come to the road across the damn of a very large lake. The road across the damn is probably 1/3 mile, so hey, it time to open it up, right. Probably hit 100 right quick and eased out the other side. Well, there’s are large pull off area there as we ease out the other side and there’s probably 20 motorcycle guys hanging out by their bikes and of course witnessed my little spirited drive. One of them came running toward the road with his phone up like he was videoing, so I let her rip from 20 to about 100 right in front of him while he videoed. Wife looked in the rear view mirror and said when I left off he was jumping up and down in excitement. Guess our little sprint is probably on somebody’s Facebook page tonight with 100 likes and we don’t even get to see it 🤣.
Awesome!!

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 HP Carbonized Metallic Gray
1,768 Posts
I had a unique experience today 😂. I’m riding dirt as hell to the self wash spot and a 2005 Ford GT pulls up at the light next to me. Dude is waving and yelling so I roll down the window and he is doting on the GT500 it’s so bad ass and all that. I’m thinking wait this dude is driving a frikkin GT and he is flipping out about my car 😂. If he was a day under 70 I’d be surprised. He goes let’s run’em 😱 sure thing Sir. Light turns and I left him by quite a bit. Next light he pulled back up and said that is fast 😂. I told him it was my pleasure. I don’t like Ford of Ford violence but I had to oblige his request out of respect. I was in awe of such a cool guy just rolling around looking for a race 😂. I wish he hadn’t turned off I’d loved to have gotten pictures of them together.

Now my perfectly cleaned GT500 is getting rained on because it’s Arizona in the summer why not. 😤

·
Registered
2014 GT500 DIB/Satin Black TP/PP
1,386 Posts
I was leaving the commissary after work yesterday (yes, on a Saturday....) and while I was sitting in my car in the parking lot I hear this God awful sound of a Civic with an autozone muffler reving as it approaches me. I looked out my mirror to see this guy laughing because he scared some kid as he passed them slowly and revved. I dont think he knew I was in my car, let alone that it was started. As he slowly passed within 3 feet of my car and right behind me, with all his windows down, I gave him a nice 6k blast. Both the driver and passenger damn near jumped out of the car in shock! The passenger was tickled pink, but the driver didn't think is was so funny. Guess he can't take a dose of his own medicine. Right before I left the elderly gentleman in the handicapped spot next to me, who I didn't notice, rolled down his window and said "that took me right back to when I was your age. Thank you. That thing is beautiful." Glad I could make 2 peoples day and piss 1 person off. Lol!

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
I had a unique experience today 😂. I’m riding dirt as hell to the self wash spot and a 2005 Ford GT pulls up at the light next to me. Dude is waving and yelling so I roll down the window and he is doting on the GT500 it’s so bad ass and all that. I’m thinking wait this dude is driving a frikkin GT and he is flipping out about my car 😂. If he was a day under 70 I’d be surprised. He goes let’s run’em 😱 sure thing Sir. Light turns and I left him by quite a bit. Next light he pulled back up and said that is fast 😂. I told him it was my pleasure. I don’t like Ford of Ford violence but I had to oblige his request out of respect. I was in awe of such a cool guy just rolling around looking for a race 😂. I wish he hadn’t turned off I’d loved to have gotten pictures of them together.

Now my perfectly cleaned GT500 is getting rained on because it’s Arizona in the summer why not. 😤
Awesome!! I aspire to be like that when I'm over 70. I'm sure by then my Shelby will be slower than whatever the other kid is driving...oh hell, I just cringed because his "badass" ride will probably be ELECTRIC! 🤨

·
Premium Member
2022 Rapid Red
205 Posts
Even after reading all the posts, I was still unprepared for the amount of attention the GT500 receives.

Picked up the Shelby from the tint/PPF shop yesterday, and needed to get to Discount Tire for my flat repair appointment. I was driving slightly above the speed limit since I was on a gimp tire. Didn't matter. I had three different cars come up from behind me and change lanes then slow down to get next to me. After a few seconds, they would take off hoping for the chase to be on lol. When I got to Discount Tire, the guys working there all but stopped production once I pulled into the bay. They slowly went back to work, but kept looking at my car every chance they got. The funniest thing was when pretty much all of them started pulling out their phones for pics. Some of them just snapped the pics, but a couple tried to hide what they were doing LOL.

Later Saturday evening, the better half and I went to dinner. On the way there, I rolled up next to a 2018-2019 Bullet, and the guy started looking around after hearing the exhaust. He gave a thumbs up and a smile. I was paying for dinner and could see the car through a window. I saw a 2018+ GT pull in to the lot and park next to me. 4 guys get out and just stopped to stare and walk around the Shelby.

Oh, and the fuel consumption lol. 194 miles on the odometer and already down to a quarter tank. Will probably end up on a first name basis with all the gas station attendants around here!

·
Registered
2021 GT500
314 Posts
Oh, and the fuel consumption lol. 194 miles on the odometer and already down to a quarter tank. Will probably end up on a first name basis with all the gas station attendants around here!
That's pretty damn good. I'm usually filling up after 150 miles 😅

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
768 Posts
GT500 has been parked outside for a week or so while I’m working on the stereo install in the garage. Making a mess cutting MDF, gluing, painting, etc. I noticed the Amazon delivery guy walking all around the car taking pictures on my surveillance camera. I’ve owned a lot of Mustangs, but never had delivery guys taking pics of one. :)

1461 - 1480 of 1534 Posts