Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1261 - 1275 of 1275 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,017 Posts
New Sheby owner here - 09 rag top. Night I brought the car home I decided to go to the auto parts store for some detailing stuff.

I took my 14 year old son with me and we were having a giggle on the way home. Up ahead there was a redlight and a beat up Ram quad cab sitting there. When the light turned the truck took off hard ahead of us then immediately slowed - which made me wonder what he was up to.

The truck was just creeping and I saw a rear window come down - I got afraid someone was gonna throw something at me. I finally decided to hell with it and stomped it harder than I had previously. Car leaped forward roaring with a bit of tire spin. As we went by them I realized there were 5 people in the truck and they all had their phones filming me as I went by - everyone hootint and hollering...

Guess Im just not used to drive a rockstar yet...
AWESOME!!! (y) (y) (y)

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500
858 Posts
New Sheby owner here - 09 rag top. Night I brought the car home I decided to go to the auto parts store for some detailing stuff.

I took my 14 year old son with me and we were having a giggle on the way home. Up ahead there was a redlight and a beat up Ram quad cab sitting there. When the light turned the truck took off hard ahead of us then immediately slowed - which made me wonder what he was up to.

The truck was just creeping and I saw a rear window come down - I got afraid someone was gonna throw something at me. I finally decided to hell with it and stomped it harder than I had previously. Car leaped forward roaring with a bit of tire spin. As we went by them I realized there were 5 people in the truck and they all had their phones filming me as I went by - everyone hootint and hollering...

Guess Im just not used to drive a rockstar yet...
I had an incident with an old Chevy pickup once when I was using a wave-a-wand car wash a year ago. I was finished washing and pulling out of the bay and some brainless fool had to prove how "hot" his pickup was... spinning his wheels and tearing off down the street. The envy was palpable.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had an incident a couple of months ago with a guy in an F-150. I realized he was following me, which never sits well with me. Then I heard him flooring it behind me for a few sec at a time, ok now I get it. I turned onto a frontage road, gave it some gas and he gave it all the gas. I slowed, he rolled down his window, and said sorry I had to, thats an awesome car. I didnt have the heart to tell him that I was only at 50-60% throttle, I just waved and said thank you!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
30,848 Posts
When I drove my 2020 into town yesterday to ship my son’s keys to him. I had an SUV keeping pace with me in the right lane (I was in the left lane). I looked over and he was staring straight ahead, but he had his cell phone out trying to discretely record me. The camera was held by his right hand under his left arm just above the door frame. I downshifted and let it riiiiiiiip!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I'm assuming it's my license plate, but I can't tell you the number of times I've pulled up at a stop light only to see the cell phone pop up over the steering wheel for a second before going back away.

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,339 Posts
I'm assuming it's my license plate, but I can't tell you the number of times I've pulled up at a stop light only to see the cell phone pop up over the steering wheel for a second before going back away.

Nah, it’s your fat ass Kyle. 😉

Reactions: ihaterice

·
Registered
2011 SVTPP GT500 Convertible, Silver
202 Posts
The only thing I've had so far are a dude in a C5 Corvette, a guy in a Charger and another person in a Camaro revving their engines as they pass me going in the other direction. I'm so impressed.

·
Registered
2020 GT500, Shadow Black
66 Posts
Had to pick up something from the "beauty" shop for my wife this afternoon so my daughter decided to go along for the ride. It's a smaller and rather crowded shopping center and while leaving I was busy watching the pedestrians and other cars but my daughter says there were four police officers at a table at Starbucks and all of them turned and smiled with approval. Of course my response to her was "Are you sure they were smiling?" :sneaky:

·
Registered
30 Posts
It was late yesterday, I was finishing setting up PC's and a lady in her early 60's was setting up her desk. She finished and walked out to the parking lot, but came right back in and asked if that was my mustang in the lot. I said yes, and she said "That is absolutely gorgeous" She was so wide eyed it was like a kid a Christmas morning lol. She asked some other questions about it and then actually left for the day.

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500
858 Posts
It was late yesterday, I was finishing setting up PC's and a lady in her early 60's was setting up her desk. She finished and walked out to the parking lot, but came right back in and asked if that was my mustang in the lot. I said yes, and she said "That is absolutely gorgeous" She was so wide eyed it was like a kid a Christmas morning lol. She asked some other questions about it and then actually left for the day.
A GT500 will do that! Give her some props for understanding that your car wasn't "just a Mustang". I hear that stupidity all the time. When I am asked what the deal is with the Cobra badges, then I let them know just what those badges mean. Most say they never knew.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
30,848 Posts
Took the CFTP into town to buy sprinkler heads at Lowes. The car was a hit in the Lowes parking lot. As I parked and got out of the car, I heard some honking... I turned and it was an older lady in that white SUV... she was hollering out her window from a distance about how beautiful the car was and something about: “If I was 25...” (couldn’t hear the rest). As I was leaving, the 2 guys in the black car hollered for me to rev and then asked if they could take pictures.

It’s a beautiful day in TX today!

1A32C7E6-3704-47F7-9497-E27F0CB4B4B1.jpeg
43B4AEBD-9D8B-4A1B-A250-D1097CEB6C19.jpeg

·
Registered
2009 Shelby GT500 Vista Blue/White Stripes
724 Posts
Took the CFTP into town to buy sprinkler heads at Lowes. The car was a hit in the Lowes parking lot. As I parked and got out of the car, I heard some honking... I turned and it was an older lady in that white SUV... she was hollering out her window from a distance about how beautiful the car was and something about: “If I was 25...” (couldn’t hear the rest). As I was leaving, the 2 guys in the black car hollered for me to rev and then asked if they could take pictures.

It’s a beautiful day in TX today!

View attachment 213716 View attachment 213717
All I saw at first "was hit" and I was thinking holy shit. Then as I read further down at the comments I realized that I missed the "a". Whew. Glad your beautiful cah is getting so much attention. Looks Great.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well, only had mine a two months. I can say this gets lots of attention!!!!

Takes a little getting used to when fueling up. It takes almost as much time as an electric vehicle to get "full". Seeing as someone always wants to talk about it and see the engine. OF COURSE, I enjoy taking to others about cars, guns, Beer and BBQ's.. But, now I have to allow at least 1/2 to 1 hour for fueling up.

Went to Del Taco and had a Toyota Corolla follow me from the freeway. He was hanging out in the parking lot; so, I went out and talked with him. He was a cool dude. I walked up and he said ask me anything. I know everything about this car. I said how much did I pay? We both got a laugh.... He had a cobra sticker on the back of his corolla. Interesting choice... But, I understand the passion!!!

My wife drove it the other day. We just got back from a trip and had my other vehicles hooked up to trailers as I was playing Tetris with the trailers. She said it gets insane amounts of attention.

I still can't believe this vehicle and how it drives. Closest thing I can relate it to is a 1000cc Superbike on 4 wheels. I know there are other vehicles that are faster, quicker etc. But, for me this is the whole package. Sound, look and sheer performance. Not to mention the DNA.

1261 - 1275 of 1275 Posts