Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1221 - 1240 of 1275 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500
858 Posts
As im sitting in line at chicfila im typing this. On my way here I stopped at a light and a kid, maybe 18-19, pulls up next to me in a Toyota FRS and says "Love your car and it sounds damn good!" "My dad had 1 when I was 12 and it was the first car I fell in love with." "Also the first and only car I've ever ridden in that made me say out loud, this is really fast!" I smiled, thanked him, gave him a little throttle blip and we parted ways.
That is great LEO1074! I have had a few moments like that. There are still a few true car lovers who know what these cars are, and not just some Mustang... in their mindset. I have had a few moments where I swear the onlooker has nearly snapped their neck giving "Dolly" a look-over.

·
Registered
2014 GT500 DIB/Satin Black TP/PP
589 Posts
That is great LEO1074! I have had a few moments like that. There are still a few true car lovers who know what these cars are, and not just some Mustang... in their mindset. I have had a few moments where I swear the onlooker has nearly snapped their neck giving "Dolly" a look-over.
I think my favorite reaction will always be "holy s*** this thing is fast!" I have a buddy with a turbo charged g37 w/ a built motor who competitively drift races to include tandem drift and I took him for a cruise. I gave him ALL of 3rd from bottom to top and he was giggling like a child the entire time. He says "Jesus this is ridiculous!" We go to talking about the difference in feeling from a supercharger and a turbo. A S/C feels more like a "being pushed by a freight train" feeling and a turbo, once in boost, is more of a "sucked in your seat" feeling.

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500
858 Posts
A couple of weeks ago, at the church car show in Leawood, a pair of teens stopped to look Dolly over. My wife was taking this all in and watching/listening to them. They went over the engine compartment, the interior... everything. These kids knew everything about these cars and were chattering away about it. They were grinning from ear to ear. My wife said, when her husband is too old to drive it, she'd let one of them buy it. And that I would take good care of it until such time. Not sure how I should take that! :confused:

·
Registered
2020 GT500, Shadow Black
66 Posts
A couple of weeks ago, at the church car show in Leawood, a pair of teens stopped to look Dolly over. My wife was taking this all in and watching/listening to them. They went over the engine compartment, the interior... everything. These kids knew everything about these cars and were chattering away about it. They were grinning from ear to ear. My wife said, when her husband is too old to drive it, she'd let one of them buy it. And that I would take good care of it until such time. Not sure how I should take that! :confused:
Hmmm. Sounds familiar. When my wife knew I was thinking of getting the new one I decided maybe I should save the money. Her response was "Get it now while you can still drive it." :LOL:

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
1,295 Posts
My most memorable reaction. I drove it to work(200 miles round trip) about a year after getting it. On my way home I left a couple of hours late to allow the traffic to dissipate. Cruising south on I-75 I notice what looks like a Lexus SUV moving from lane to lane going around vehicles and approaching quickly. Next thing I know it’s next to me on the passenger side. I have both windows down. Look over and a woman is hanging out the drivers window screaming “I love your car!”, blouse flapping in the wind. Let’s just say I saw A LOT OF SKIN. 😜

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 performance white
789 Posts
My most memorable reaction. I drove it to work(200 miles round trip) about a year after getting it. On my way home I left a couple of hours late to allow the traffic to dissipate. Cruising south on I-75 I notice what looks like a Lexus SUV moving from lane to lane going around vehicles and approaching quickly. Next thing I know it’s next to me on the passenger side. I have both windows down. Look over and a woman is hanging out the drivers window screaming “I love your car!”, blouse flapping in the wind. Let’s just say I saw A LOT OF SKIN. 😜
Remember we always like pics on this site, 😁.

·
Registered
2019 GT350
606 Posts
Used the GT350 to go pick up dinner over the weekend. On the way home, noticed some younger guys in a beater Altima checking out the car. Gave them a throttle blip and a short 2nd gear pull (was a moderately busy 45mph road). We got next to each other at the next stoplight and they yelled over "[email protected]#$, that is dope as [email protected]*$!. Haven't heard that phrase in awhile!

·
Registered
589 Posts
So the other day I'm getting on the on ramp to go home and a scat pack charger with big rims comes screaming passed me on the inside lane, drops into N and gives me a big rev. When the ramp ends I obliged him with a 40-100 3rd gear pull and leave him like he's standing still. Fast forward to this morning and I'm coming onto Camp Pendleton and the Marine at the gate(military police) says "this thing is beautiful! What do you have done to it?" I say "Thanks" and give him a quick run down. He asks the question everyone asks, "how much power you putting down?" I give him a rough estimate. He says "well you smoked me! I was the charger who tried to race you 2 days ago!" I laughed and told him that was only 3rd and not even all of it. His surprise was almost as priceless as the moment a cop tells you that he tried to race you and got smoked! Lol!

Also... as im typing this in the gym parking lot... im parked next to a really custom slingshot(look it up if you dony know what it is, theyre pretty cool) and a DeLorean in very good condition. 2 Marines walk by and say something about the slingshot, then see the DeLorean and say something, then as they're getting into their brand new Dart, they see me and the driver says "seriously a Shelby too?!" "I dont wanna live here anymore, everyone has a cool car, but me!" The passenger says "at least you've got a car, im still on my lamborfeeties!"

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
30,848 Posts
He says "well you smoked me! I was the charger who tried to race you 2 days ago!" I laughed and told him that was only 3rd and not even all of it. His surprise was almost as priceless as the moment a cop tells you that he tried to race you and got smoked! Lol!
Funny and cool! :LOL: 🤟

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,848 Posts
Just got back from raising my neighbor’s blood pressure. One of my older neighbors was outside. He asked about my cars and I said I was heading down to the garage if he wanted to go see them. He was loving the CFTP, so I asked if he was interested in a ride. Mind you this gentleman is always chill... I’ve never heard him curse ever. I think he said: “EF ME!” About 20 times! :eek: 🤣 I asked if I was scaring him too badly and he said HECK NO! It’s the best thing he had done all month! So I continued to hammer on the car in Track and Drag Modes. He got the full experience!:cool:👹

·
Registered
589 Posts
Just got back from raising my neighbor’s blood pressure. One of my older neighbors was outside. He asked about my cars and I said I was heading down to the garage if he wanted to go see them. He was loving the CFTP, so I asked if he was interested in a ride. Mind you this gentleman is always chill... I’ve never heard him curse ever. I think he said: “EF ME!” About 20 times! :eek: 🤣 I asked if I was scaring him too badly and he said HECK NO! It’s the best thing he had done all month! So I continued to hammer on the car in Track and Drag Modes. He got the full experience!:cool:👹
Full send is always the best way to get the "full experience." Never want to leave them wanting more!

Reactions: Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,848 Posts
My 20 year old son finally got to see AND drive the CFTP just now! When he was last home from college, the car was getting PPF. I started the drive and then he swapped to the driver’s seat at the half way point. He gave the car a HEALTHY workout. At one point we came upon wood in the road at triple digits. We both saw it at the last second and all I could do is yell and point. My son violently jerked the wheel left/right and we just missed the potential carbon fiber wheel killer. It was the most violent maneuver at speed I have witnessed in a car! I just so happen to have the wing set in the track position giving max downforce. The car stuck like glue through the abrupt maneuver and we successfully avoided the obstacle. A serious fist bump followed!

He was blown away at the car’s performance... as was I!

95791DD9-51A6-42AD-8331-14B0F32C4C84.jpeg
02040F5A-38C9-40FB-AACA-27CDF2178B53.jpeg

·
Registered
589 Posts
My 20 year old son finally got to see AND drive the CFTP just now! When he was last home from college, the car was getting PPF. I started the drive and then he swapped to the driver’s seat at the half way point. He gave the car a HEALTHY workout. At one point we came upon wood in the road at triple digits. We both saw it at the last second and all I could do is yell and point. My son violently jerked the wheel left/right and we just missed the potential carbon fiber wheel killer. It was the most violent maneuver at speed I have witnessed in a car! I just so happen to have the wing set in the track position giving max downforce. The car stuck like glue through the abrupt maneuver and we successfully avoided the obstacle. A serious fist bump followed!

He was blown away at the car’s performance... as was I!

View attachment 207536 View attachment 207537
Nice! My dad would s**t a brick if I drove anything of his anywhere near that speed! He's yet to ride in my car though. I fully intend on stretching its legs when he does. Lol!

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
1,295 Posts
Nice! My dad would s**t a brick if I drove anything of his anywhere near that speed! He's yet to ride in my car though. I fully intend on stretching its legs when he does. Lol!
I was fortunate enough to take my dad for a spirited ride about 8 months before he passed away. I asked if he would like to take the wheel. He said no thanks. Looking back I should have pushed a little harder. I now cherish his reactions and nod of approval that day.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,422 Posts
Those are moments you'll always cherish, Jon. Sorry your Dad passed. Mine passed away before he could experience any of my past Shelby's performance; although he'd probably say I was an idiot! The post war "Greatest Generation" folks were about sensible life styles! Glad your Dad got to ride in the Shelby!

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
Those are moments you'll always cherish, Jon. Sorry your Dad passed. Mine passed away before he could experience any of my past Shelby's performance; although he'd probably say I was an idiot! The post war "Greatest Generation" folks were about sensible life styles! Glad your Dad got to ride in the Shelby!
LOL my dad was exactly the same! He never got to ride in mine, but I know he would have told me to sell it and get a station wagon instead :LOL:

Reactions: 03reptile

·
Premium Member
2011 SVTPP Ingot Silver
163 Posts
LOL my dad was exactly the same! He never got to ride in mine, but I know he would have told me to sell it and get a station wagon instead :LOL:
I’m lucky. My dad gave me a station wagon when I graduated from college and now I’ve given him a few fun rides including at Watkins Glen race course!

1221 - 1240 of 1275 Posts