Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed the ambient lighting after delivery. Ford accessories offers it for $270.00

Just curious if appears to factory installed

LLoyd

·
Registered
9 Posts
LLoyd

Just checked into that for my 2007. The kit you get isn't like factory The lights in the console are round you have to drill holes and the switch is on the inside of the cupholdernot on top like the 08. And the lights under the dash are light bars not round. There just the opposite of factory. I'm looking into buying the top of the console for and 08. So you get the light ring and the switch were they belong. But the light bars under the dash looks better my ford dealer been researching this for me.

Jerry

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Jerry

I was afraid of exactly what you stated. I don't want to start hacking up the car.

LLoyd

·
Registered
9 Posts
LLoyd
It look great if we could get the lid for the 08 at a reasonable price.It look factory maybe even better with light bars under the dash. Oh there eight different colors on the lights if you didn't know.
Jerry

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jerry

Keep us posted as to your progress.

Pic would be nice when all said and done

lg

·
Registered
9 Posts
LLOYD
Update on ambient lighting got the parts this week . But the top of the console on the 08 is in two peices the cup holder is screwed to the bottom of it. And the light ring is sandwiched in between. Really the light ring doesn't light up lights are in console and shines through it. Where having hard time trying to get part number. They [ford] keep giving us the number for the light. Dave my parts man going to try again monday:phone: . Lucky they have and 08 on the floor we keep looking at to bad they won't let me dismantle it:jester: . I'll let know more after I :read: a little more.
:) Jerry:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
GT 500
If you use the lights you have and get and 08 console bottom and top. You can look factory like the 08 and put the switch in like the 08.:clap:
Jerry:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts