Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm tempted to get the 3.5" aluminum drive shaft from Lethal Performance.. those that have it- what are the benefits and improvements? Is it a DIY install?

'09 GT500

·
Registered
191 Posts
Here is the one I went with....lots of positive reviews and direct bolt in. Biggest improvements I see with going to one is the weight loss, the reliability improvement, losing the 160 MPH vibration and being able to lower the car and not hit the tunnel when loaded with people.

EDIT - I suppose adding the link would help....doh!

http://www.driveshaftshop.com/pdetail.php?pid=156

·
Registered
662 Posts
I believe that's the DSS from Lethal, I have heard of no complaints about it. I ordered the Dynotech driveshaft from Lethal but it was a coin toss. I think they are both very close it's just that most people on here have the Dynotech and I've heard that's what's on the Super Snake. i don't think you can go wrong with either one.:zlurking:

oh, you can install it yourself, I think Joegazz did a post on how too....I'm having my tuner do it though since I'm lowered and need my pinion angle adjusted.....you don't need that if you're stock suspension.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see that Steeda has their brand of drive shaft too.. I live close to them and they've done most of my work.. so I might check that out as well..

·
Registered
191 Posts
My DDS driveshaft showed up today....man these guys do good work; the quality of the machining is amazing...

·
Registered
39 Posts
i went with a Dynatech DS from Lethal. I cannot say enough good things about it. No more "clunk" while driving around daily, a little less road noise while driving, and the obvious power and weight benefits. I have had zero fitment or vibration issues with it even while using nitrous.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
I have the dynotech DS, top notch piece. Be sure to get a DS loop, you don't want to flip or jack knife your car in case of a DS failure.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
dynotech here as well from Evo. No issues. Never knew steeda made one.

edit..after looking at steeda's, it appears they reduced the size at the boot end from the weld. No sure why, but i'd be questioning that. Other then that, it looks just like DSS and dynotech's. Both of the latter are tried and true for many. Not sure who or how many are running steeda's.

·
Registered
933 Posts
FYI - Steeda's driveshaft is manufactured by the DSS, so they are one of the same.

Arbour88

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats correct.. Steeda doesn't make the DS.. however, on their website their description makes it sound as though it is their DS.. I went in to Steeda and had them install it this past weekend.. love it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts