Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone explain the allocation methodology used by ford to determine the sequence the dealer gets the cars? I am the #1(probably only one) buyer for a 07 Shelby from a small dealer in the middle of nowhere. This dealer only sells about 120 new cars a year so I suspect it may be a while but the zone reps says they will get a car.
Thanks,

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Shelbywise,
Are you with me on this one?I told you.There is a button, 7th from the left on top of any page it is called a "Search" button.You press it and then you type in "allocation" you will probably get all the info you want,if not ask I will answer you.Thanks...........

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried the search. I understand what the allocation means in terms of who gets cars and how many. I'm wondering how Ford detemines the sequence.

·
Registered
257 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
Shelbywise,
Are you with me on this one?I told you.There is a button, 7th from the left on top of any page it is called a "Search" button.You press it and then you type in "allocation" you will probably get all the info you want,if not ask I will answer you.Thanks...........
I be here...Methodology? If all 120 cars your dealership sells are Mustangs and they have earned the Prez's Award, are SVT and Blue Oval Certified, you may get your car before summers end...otherwise get yourself some cold beer (several), next years football schedule and decide what kind of enticements you can afford to send to your regional rep in hopes they will expedite your order through the system...In other words, you may be in for a long haul. But be thankful you have one on the books...there is a bunch of folks still going crazy looking!

On a different note and hypothetically speaking of course...And 07 SHELBY please chime in and correct me if I'm wrong. A very large high volume dealership such as Galpin Ford in CA may get an allocation of 6-10 2007 GT500's...they will get their entire allocation of cars (so long as their orders are in) before a lesser producing/un-certified dealership, even if their cars were not ordered for a specific person.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. The last post is consistant with what the owner of the dealership is telling me. I contacted them in March of 05 and started the process. The actual order was placed in April 06 after the dealer got confimation that they could get one. I guess in effect I paid for them to get their guys certified so that I could buy the car. My contact at Ford verified that there is a car comming but no ETA. I guess I'll just wait!!!! What's a few more months anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Carnut maybe I was a little hard on you last night.Sorry.Go over to the thread estimated delivery date and pick a date.If you win I'll send you a Shelby shirt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts