Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
I posted a "buyer beware" thread about these guys years ago. "forum vendor" or not, they're dirtbags and should be avoided at all costs. Fortunately, they didn't cost me a dime, other than a lot of un-necessary aggravation....

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had great success with them in the paste...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Have ordered three things from them and have had great experience.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I bought my CS1 wheels and tires from C.C. and when I received them was told some story about the size 315x20 was hard to balance or something like that. He was right as my car would shake at around 65 MPH. I do not drive my car much so it was not too big of a deal except it was not right. I then worked on my car and maybe I reinstalled my rear wheels and swapped them from side to side and it shook badly. I drove it for awhile hoping it would get better as per the advice of major tire re-seller by me but that was not the way it went. I called a DOBB's dealer near me as per a recommendation of a Truck Club buddy of mine and the guy who worked on my car was I believe the shop boss. That guy was great and he took time and fixed them for me.
I had to give them a shout out as they went the extra way to help me out, Great Dealership and supper guy!!!

Too bad C.C. could not due the same. I did look at the tires spinning while I had my car up on jack stands and I did see the one side tire was not as perfect as the other but DOBB's did help me out!!!!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Yes there is always 2 sides to a story.My side is simple knowing you "Never Ever" mount a tire up till you check the rim on a machine, making sure it is straight or you own it.
I called Cruizin explained my story never a tire on this rim,then in a screaming match when I am told they want me to bring it where a shop has a road force balance machine for what reason ? I don't give a flying Sh_t the rim wobbles,Twisted call it what you like I want what I paid for NEW,NEW,NEW !
I then call Cruizin back to have them hang up Twice,now I am scared for life. LMFAO
This is why Summit and Jegs are always first on my list to call not to deal with this child crap..

·
Registered
374 Posts
I would say it may be their policy to have wheel checked on a road force balancer. The road force balancer measures wheel run out and tire run out. The road force balancer will tell the tech if the wheel is out of round or the tire out of round. I work at a shop that have 2 road force balancers and the are great if the installer knows how to use it. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see if a wheel is out of round on any type of balancer. I always check new wheels to see if out of round before installing tires because wheel companies will not take back wheels that have been mounted. Best piece of advise always have wheels checked for any flaws or out of round before mounting tires. I know the is a old post so I hope op credit card company took care of his problem.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
This is why you need to find a quality company to deal with . Caroll Shelby wheel company sucks along with Cruzing Concepts . I won my battle but who needs the torture. Like the man just said you always have to just spin a brand new rim on a balance machine before mounting up a tire to check for a true straight rim or you may own it. All these China rims while I had No idea that Caroll Shelby wheels would be. Funny part there attitude sucked as much as Cruzing .
There both 2 POS company's for sure. So I guess this is the new Game out there sell a defective part and tell the customer its your problem or like my case they said I must have dropped the box lmfao . Not that that box came from China and was moved around 50 times before getting to me.
I do have to say I am not buying you put bigger tires on your rims and your car shakes for that reason !
Sounds to me a bad wheel or the guy balancing the wheel is not to good.
just put that wheel tire on any balance machine spin it by hand and look at just the wheel If you seen excessive wobble there is your problem. Pull the tire off and check the rim again .
You need more then a basic static balance on those wheels. When those wheel are balanced correct you will see your wheel weights in 2 different spots Inside Only using stick on wheel weights so they don't fly off at high speeds. First set of wheels weights will be deep inside the rim towards lug nut holes then another set of weights towards outer lip of rim.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts