Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals do you think i could use the 305 Nitto drag radials on the 20 inch Super Snake Alcoas by rolling the inner rear fenderwells, i was just thinking thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
05+ Mustangs already have the inner fenders rolled.

There are other options to fit large tires on the Alcoas, regrettably none are inexpensive.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No lie i was looking at the CCW 18x9.5 and 18x11 i talked to a guy named John and was told they would weigh like 22 and 23 lbs, unfortunately they are $675.00 each oh well just save a little longer. Thanks for the responce.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Hey, can you post a pic of your car? would love to see those 20" Automonde's
Thanks Man...

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
The CCW Rims are awesome, really well made, and absolutely gorgeous... and of course fully custom so width, backspace, etc is all perfect... But pricey. Nothing that good comes cheap!
Check out TrueForged also.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Where do you find the CCW wheels? Do they have a web site?

NEVER MIND; GOOGLE LISTED THEM
THANKS!

·
Premium Member
367 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are those the CS56 in 18x9.5 and if so what size tires are you running, also any intererance with the bigger brakes up front.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Are those the CS56 in 18x9.5 and if so what size tires are you running, also any intererance with the bigger brakes up front.
yes they are, 275/40's in the front and 305/40's in the rear. I'm running the Shelby/Baer Pro 6P brake set up on the front, wheels clear with out spacers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok so i finally made my decision, i love the Alcoas but dont like the backspacing so i have decided to go with some silver CS40s i would like to see if anyone has some pics of the CS40 in silver and what brand and size tires you all aruning on these, thanks a million for all your responses.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I purchased a GT500 in May and have been looking at the Alcoa's. Then I discovered some of the other wheels that Shelby offers, and I concluded that the Alcoa's aren't best option when it comes to looks. I have been considering grabbing the Shelby CS66's, but I do like True Forge's "Vortex" as well. Is there a wheel out there that is considered "ultimate"?

·
Registered
1 Posts
So does anyone know a good tire for the alcoa rims??? Somehting that won't rub and are comparable to the tires already on the Shelby?

·
Registered
27 Posts
So does anyone know a good tire for the alcoa rims??? Somehting that won't rub and are comparable to the tires already on the Shelby?
You have 2 options if you don't want the Alcoas to rub.

1. Ship your rear end off to MidAmerica Mustangs to have them put a custom rear end in your car with 1" shorter axles with your choice of gears.

2. Get Rear Coilovers for the rear so you can raise/lower your rear so it won't rub over bumps.

I did #2. My Coilovers and Alcoas go on this week. I also purchased 255 NITTO 555 for the front and 305 Nitto 555DR's for the rear.

I may still do #1 as well since I am going to have my rear end strengthened at the same time as the gears and 1200 for the job can't be beat.

Oh yeah.. the alcoas are on a back order.. I ordered mine late January. They just came in this week.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You can safely get a wider tire on 18" wheels without rubbing.

I have CCW 11" wide rear wheels with 315 Toyo Drag Radials.

·
Registered
27 Posts
***TOP SECRET*** Alcoa Wheel Weights.:beer:

20X10 Alcoa Wheel (32 LBS)

20 X 9 Alcoa Wheel (30 LBS)

Not the lightest wheels in the world. I'm only using mine for looks for daily driving. If your looking for track tires.... some Bogarts with some real meat underneath is the route to go. I plan on purchasing some Bogarts for the 1/4 mile.:rockon:

I'll have some pics of the wheels installed soon.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts