Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just noticed the motion sensors are no longer functioning with the alarm set. Reached in the car seveal times, alarm set with the windows down and the alarm failed to activate. Have tried to set off the alarm several times with no success. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind. Must have been the extreme heat and humidity we had the last few days. Just armed the system in the garage and the sensors functioned as expected.

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,951 Posts
Depending on what alarm you have, it could have been in valet mode. Just a thought, as I've done it to myself before.

·
Registered
18 Posts
check the hood sensor. Open the hood. It is toward the back left near that empty compartment. Looks like a push switch. Hold it down with ur finger and lock the car, if it beeps, then that was the problem (it was not closing all the way, the car thought the hood was still open, and didnt arm the alarm).

·
Registered
60 Posts
Am I correct in that the alarm won't function with the top down on the verts? I have a vert and occasionally leave it with the top down while I run in somewhere. I always lock it with the key fob, but it is my understanding that with the top down the sensors don't activate?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Am I correct in that the alarm won't function with the top down on the verts? I have a vert and occasionally leave it with the top down while I run in somewhere. I always lock it with the key fob, but it is my understanding that with the top down the sensors don't activate?

Thanks!
My '05 T-Bird's alarm works w/top down, but not sure if it has the proximity module or not.

I do know that if you reach through the window and open the door the alarm will go off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts