Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had their airbags changed from the recall ? If so any problems or concerns? I've heard some stories of dashboards that were damaged. Also im in the Lake Lanier area any recommendations of which dealer to go in regards. I have 2013 GT500.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
I live SW of Nashville, TN and I've had both of mine with zero issues. The only gripe I had was waiting for the dealer to "get the part in stock" but I have a tune and they never touched the ECU. All they did was disconnect the battery, then reconnect...

Hope that helps a little...

-Todd

·
Registered
196 Posts
Both of mine have been replaced, no issues. Not sure if anything they did affected the tune, hope not... I haven't noticed anything.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I had my drivers side airbag replaced quite some time ago. My passenger side airbag was replaced just last Friday.

Both replacements went off without a hitch. It only took the tech a few minutes each time he did the swap. I would say no more than 15 minutes for the passenger airbag last Friday. I specifically asked the service manager if they would have to flash the ECU for any reason. I, too, had heard mention of that being a possibility and wanted nothing to do with messing up my tune. He assured me there was absolutely no reason to even hook up to the ECU. He was right. A couple basic hand tools and the cover was out, airbag replaced, and the cover popped back into place in the dash. It really isn't a big deal. If the dealer says it is, I wouldn't use them.

The Ford dealership I always use is very small. They always let me stand by the car and watch any work being done to it. Sometimes they let me drive the car in and out of the shop bay because most of them are afraid to get in it :grin:

·
#1 Mike!
8,622 Posts
I had my drivers side airbag replaced quite some time ago. My passenger side airbag was replaced just last Friday.

Both replacements went off without a hitch. It only took the tech a few minutes each time he did the swap. I would say no more than 15 minutes for the passenger airbag last Friday. I specifically asked the service manager if they would have to flash the ECU for any reason. I, too, had heard mention of that being a possibility and wanted nothing to do with messing up my tune. He assured me there was absolutely no reason to even hook up to the ECU. He was right. A couple basic hand tools and the cover was out, airbag replaced, and the cover popped back into place in the dash. It really isn't a big deal. If the dealer says it is, I wouldn't use them.

The Ford dealership I always use is very small. They always let me stand by the car and watch any work being done to it. Sometimes they let me drive the car in and out of the shop bay because most of them are afraid to get in it :grin:
Same experience for me. No problems. My dealership is small, as well. In this case, small is good! I know many of the techs, parts people, and service writers, by first name. Many have been there for years and are solid employees. I always thank my lucky stars that I'm so fortunate to have a dealership that I trust completely. Feel really bad for those who go into a dealership with their fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Same experience for me. No problems. My dealership is small, as well. In this case, small is good! I know many of the techs, parts people, and service writers, by first name. Many have been there for years and are solid employees. I always thank my lucky stars that I'm so fortunate to have a dealership that I trust completely. Feel really bad for those who go into a dealership with their fingers crossed.
Mike, it is the exact same with me at my dealership. They all know me by name and I know all of them as well. Heck, they even recognize my voice over the phone, before I even say who I am, when I call in for parts or service. There are several bigger dealers that are closer to me, but I refuse to use any of them.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Ive got ford coming to do the replacement in my driveway tomorrow at 930Am. Someone came to my door. about the issue. Ive had both replaced in 2017 but they are saying ford only has the record of driver being replaced. So i said why not come by and do it and i can show you the service records.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Mike, it is the exact same with me at my dealership. They all know me by name and I know all of them as well. Heck, they even recognize my voice over the phone, before I even say who I am, when I call in for parts or service. There are several bigger dealers that are closer to me, but I refuse to use any of them.
Ditto. They know me and how I am with my vehicles. My salesman always likes it when I come in and usually lets me take something for a spin. Last time it was a new Raptor. When I'm there next month I plan to try on one of those new Rangers. I've had three and it's almost time for a new DD. :grin:

·
#1 Mike!
8,622 Posts
Well. the Italian accent gives it away every time! Funny thing happened a couple years back. My beloved flip phone would not pair with the new up-dated hardware for my Sync in the 2010 Fusion. Tech said the phone was so old the updated system wouldn't recognize it! Well he and half the technicians in the shop laughed their asses off as I had been disregarding the advise of EVERYONE to up-date to and I-6 phone. I then was forced into getting the new phone!

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Mine are being done right now in the drive way. Very convenient. DSC_0140.jpeg DSCPDC_0003_BURST20190315101305546_COVER.jpeg

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts