Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys... Haven’t been on here in a while. Had one unsuccessful attempt at taking my ‘07 into Planet Ford, Humble TX for the airbag replacement (it ended immediately when the kid attendant, obviously, couldn’t drive a normal standard tranny). I just found a guy in Houston (Spring, TX) who is Ford certified and does house calls. His name is Jose and he gave me permission to post his number: 832-764-9544

He hasn’t done mine yet, but I’ll post a report?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,676 Posts
Hopefully he does good work.

When I took mine to the nearest dealer. I insisted that I drive the car back into the bay and I stayed with the car while the work was done. It went smoothly.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi guys... Haven’t been on here in a while. Had one unsuccessful attempt at taking my ‘07 into Planet Ford, Humble TX for the airbag replacement (it ended immediately when the kid attendant, obviously, couldn’t drive a normal standard tranny). I just found a guy in Houston (Spring, TX) who is Ford certified and does house calls. His name is Jose and he gave me permission to post his number: 832-764-9544

He hasn’t done mine yet, but I’ll post a report?
Just experienced this last week, and then this post pops up. Service advisor stalled my car 3 times right in front of me. Then tells me he knows how to drive a manual.:unsure: Took them 5 days to change fluids that I wanted on the service history, and an airbag recall. Place was empty when I dropped off and picked up the car. I wonder why?

Sure would have liked to see this beforehand.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,676 Posts
Just experienced this last week, and then this post pops up. Service advisor stalled my car 3 times right in front of me. Then tells me he knows how to drive a manual.:unsure: Took them 5 days to change fluids that I wanted on the service history, and an airbag recall. Place was empty when I dropped off and picked up the car. I wonder why?

Sure would have liked to see this beforehand.
Never drop a high performance car off at the dealer and trust all will be well. I avoid dealerships as much as possible. When it is required, I babysit my car. No one treats your car like you do.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Would have enjoyed seeing the car worked on, but it visited 3 different technicians to complete the work order. Plus I don't think they have overnight accomodations for guests.:sneaky:

I know the reputation dealers have. You would think if service is the meat and potatos keeping the lights on, that it would be the area where the most care is taken. Obviously not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts