Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in contact with TASCA racinging in RI. They have devolped their own cold air intake and tune. Any info on this performace upgrade. They seem to dot their I's and cross their Tee's What is average for horsepower gain with Axle back upgrade, air intake, and tune. I do not think I am going to mess with the pulley at this time. Heard some tech's say after about 550 RWHP the drive train can start to fail without upgrading that also.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I was in contact with TASCA racinging in RI. They have devolped their own cold air intake and tune. Any info on this performace upgrade. They seem to dot their I's and cross their Tee's What is average for horsepower gain with Axle back upgrade, air intake, and tune. I do not think I am going to mess with the pulley at this time. Heard some tech's say after about 550 RWHP the drive train can start to fail without upgrading that also.
I would say you are probaly going to pick up about 70 HP with those; mostly through the tune and the CAI. So many variables that impact it but there is a ton in the tune alone....don't fear the pulley....tons of people overdriving them without issue and doing it at once saves paying for a tune twice...

As far as the drivetrain goes the only weak link IMO is the driveshaft; tons of people here are running high HP with a stock trans, diff (other than a ratio change) and axles. If you plan on launching hard on slicks that is a different story; these are so hard to hook up on the street on street tires that I don't know how you could break anything...although I am sure someone could break the driveline in a stock 4 spd Pinto if they drive it like a tool for long enough...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts