Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi-

Well finally got approval for new stereo from my wife.

Been thinking about this a long time and fairly planned out BUT

wanted to ask any others who may have added or replaced subwoofers about what they've done and how they liked it compared to stock.

I am planning to use the JL audio stealthbox as a direct replacement of the factory subwoofers. If anyone has used this, share your experience with it.

Thanks!

TD

·
Registered
199 Posts
that JL Audio is the nicest piece out there, there is a self powered MTX, but I like the fit and finish of JLs piece.

I had decided on the Pionneer AVIC Z3, but glad I held off a little. I think I'm going to switch over to their new AVIC-F90BT. All the NAV is completely on flash memory, has a SD slot right in front and comes with the ipod cable.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that JL Audio is the nicest piece out there, there is a self powered MTX, but I like the fit and finish of JLs piece.

I had decided on the Pionneer AVIC Z3, but glad I held off a little. I think I'm going to switch over to their new AVIC-F90BT. All the NAV is completely on flash memory, has a SD slot right in front and comes with the ipod cable.
Thanks! I am going with JL audio sub. Install is end of September. Will post some photos when its over.

There is a really nice looking GT500 show-car I saw on one of the audio websites. Arcaudio i think it was.

TD

·
Registered
2008 Red Super Snake, 2019 Mustang GT
462 Posts
I'm doing a complete stereo intallation right now. It's going to be pretty bad and something that most people have not seen before. It should be done in about a week or so. I'll post a complete topic when it's done.

I'm going with some ARC subs just to give you a hint :D

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm doing a complete stereo intallation right now. It's going to be pretty bad and something that most people have not seen before. It should be done in about a week or so. I'll post a complete topic when it's done.

I'm going with some ARC subs just to give you a hint :D
Looking forward to it!

TD

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, gear has all arrived. Shelby goes on Tuesday to the shop, and I go on vacation for a week the next day.

Not sure if I'm more exicted about the vacation or coming back to the sweet stereo!

Got the estimate today from the install shop.. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Can you say over budget? I knew you could!

Its gonna be sweet though!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Well mine's pretty much done. It should be done tomorrow because I had a factory defective 8" door speaker and they had to ship another one from back east. It should be in tomorrow and then it will be complete. Here's some teaser pics :silly:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Aftermarket stereo? HUH????? I have the Shaker1000 and its amazing! Its among the best I have ever heard.
You have to be kidding right? While I will not really knock it, there is alot to be desired with just about any factory stereo system that I have ever heard if you really enjoy listening to music. Anyone that is really into their music will tell you that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
spending a lot of my life in million dollar recording studios, and being a professional musician for most of my life I hope I am safe in saying I have a good ear.
But I am not up or into the whole Audo wars thing so to each his own I guess, cheers, nice system!:cheers:

·
Registered
10 Posts
spending a lot of my life in million dollar recording studios, and being a professional musician for most of my life I hope I am safe in saying I have a good ear.
But I am not up or into the whole Audo wars thing so to each his own I guess, cheers, nice system!:cheers:
I tend to agree. I installed the AVIC Z2 head unit in mine to have nav, hands free phone and i-pod control. The guy did a super install, and when I picked the car up he demonstrated the unit. He said he had planned to try and sell me upgrade speakers, amps, woofers, etc..., but after he dialed it in and listened with good program material he said that was probably an impossible sell. As you say not for the " crank it up " wars, but a very good all around system.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Aftermarket stereo? HUH????? I have the Shaker1000 and its amazing! Its among the best I have ever heard.
I think that the stock stereo - and I also have the Shaker 1000, sounds decent at low volumes. WHen turned up, it just sounds worse and worse the higher the volume.

If you enjoy the stock sound (and I wish I did), then congrats! That's more $$ left to spend on other mods!

TD

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Woah!

Are you serious that you've spent most of your life in a multi-million dollar recording studio and you think that the Shaker 1000 sounds good?

Seriously, how does it compare to the studio sound system at high volume?

I can't believe for an instant that any serious audiophile would be content with a Shaker 1000 system.

TD

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sounds like stereos and music are a big part of your life that is very cool. Me I just like a good sounding sytem period. It needs a nice punch, crystal highs and a clean(not muddy) mids and I am happy. My brothers a nut case when it comes to audio he has 10's of thousands of dollars worth of equipment and because of the way he sets it up, I like the way my $3k Polk and Harmon Kardon system sounds over his $20k+ system. I am not going to argue when it comes to systems because everyone has different tastes but as far as I am concerned the Shaker1K system is an incredible sounding system without the fancy name.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cool!

I am glad I don't have the 20k+ listening ear that your brother has!

I think we all here have the 20k+ throttle foot though!

I sincerely hope I am satisfied with my new stereo system. I really don't want to spend more than I've already spent. same as the car itself... hard to remain satisfied with stock offerings...

TD

·
Registered
50 Posts
Apparently not.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Devil Dog, diamondback does say that he has 'a good ear'. Not sure about the other one though. LOL

Arbour88

·
Registered
50 Posts
:rofl:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts