Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This thread is for any company that you have purchase from in the past that either had good prices, great service, knowledgebale staff etc. What would be nice is company name, website, what you purchased from them, and were you happy with prices, product, and overall company. Also on the flip side if some company was shady let us know so we can stay clear.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
California Mustang 800-775-0101 Purchased my side windows louvers. Good prices took a whille to get parts from California product is high quality just like the saleman said.

Midwest auto = www.midwestautogear.com -> purchased mirror covers (good service no issues)

California Car Cover www.calcarcover.com - > Used many times in the past great car covers very pleased with product and company

VMP tuning = www.vmptuning.com - > Justin is owner, delivered SCT programmer in 3 days like he told me he would. Also purchased JLT intake from him, also got in 3 days like promised. Great Products

·
Registered
19 Posts
ditto on the california mustang, my louvers are great and they showed up in three days after order. i've had good luck with them on several previous orders for my mach 1.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only 3 people on the board has ordered stuff for their Shelby. Come on guys list the venders and info so the rest of us no where to go incase we want the same thing.

·
Registered
938 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Midwest auto = www.midwestautogear.com -> purchased mirror covers (good service no issues)

California Car Cover www.calcarcover.com - > Used many times in the past great car covers very pleased with product and company

VMP tuning = www.vmptuning.com - > Justin is owner, delivered SCT programmer in 3 days like he told me he would. Also purchased JLT intake from him, also got in 3 days like promised. Great Products
+1

I've used these same three vendors and have had the same great experience.

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
This thread is for any company that you have purchase from in the past that either had good prices, great service, knowledgebale staff etc. What would be nice is company name, website, what you purchased from them, and were you happy with prices, product, and overall company. Also on the flip side if some company was shady let us know so we can stay clear.
Intake: JLT
Tuner: SCT X-Cal II
Tune: 2 different vendor's tunes don't work. 1 does. Evolution.
Dead pedal: Steeda
Hood props: CDC
Sequentials: WebElectrics
Mufflers: FRPP
Pulleys: Metco
Floormats: FRPP
Custom paint: CPV, Franktown Wisconsin
Gearset: FRPP 3:73
Billet LCA: BMR
Upper adj CA: Steeda
Box frame braces: Steeda
Adj panhard rod: Steeda
Panhard brace: Steeda
Full set of engine bay fluid caps: Shelby American
Nifty little rubber Key Kondom: Shelby American
Autographed passenger side visor: Carroll Shelby
Autographed baseball cap: Carroll Shelby
Polish: Meguires #7
Wax: Meguires pure carnuba
GPS: Magellan Roadmate 800
Radar protection: BEL RX65
Electric garage door opener: Sears
Golf clubs in trunk: Ping G2 men's RH regular flex. Driver, Callaway ERCII
Scuba gear in trunk: Mares BCD, Apeks 100 regulator, Suunto Vyper computer

I think that just about does it.

bj

·
Registered
83 Posts
Only 3 people on the board has ordered stuff for their Shelby. Come on guys list the venders and info so the rest of us no where to go incase we want the same thing.
Mine is the same as the day I drove it away. Not sure about changing anything at this point. Maybe later. I want to see how all these things hold up and to what effect that it has on the cars

Forgot that I put ford racing back exhaust on it

·
Registered
2,400 Posts

bj

VNMOUS1 two different vendor's tunes did not work? Please specify which and why:confused: Quite an impressive list!;)

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

bj

BJ,
You are my hero,well except the Pings!

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
VNMOUS1 two different vendor's tunes did not work? Please specify which and why:confused: Quite an impressive list!;)
With respect to both the other tuners I'd rather not name them. Many people are pleased with both of their respective tunes, it just so happened that mine didn't like either one. Surging, bucking, poor idle, you name it. Both 91 and 93 octane versions were problems. One vendor did everything he could to remedy it...and frankly, I have been remiss on getting back with the other guy, so he hasn't had a chance to remedy it. The end result is that I am extremely pleased with the work and customer service/advice of Evolution. Their Ultimate Suspension is the *&^%. I can't wait for warm weather or a set of DRs to feel this baby hook hard.

Good thing they sell one-piece driveshafts, too.

bj

·
Registered
324 Posts
While I haven't purchased it, any of you interested hennessy performance has a carbon fiber driveshaft. A little pricey at $1500, I am thinking about ordering it.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
One of next years mod's will be 1 piece drive shaft. I don't think I need the carbon fiber although lighter is better, but not sure I would feel the difference going from 1 piece alu to 1 piece carbon. I have found many times in life that things better on paper don't give you anything on the return of your money. Meaning they are better if measured with specialize equipment but in the real world you don't see it... But you pay for it and that you not only see but Feel in the wallet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts