Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can a chromed strut tower brace?I would prefer a double rod but a single would be ok.Thanks...........07.......................

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Have you checked with BBK Performance? I don't know if they've got one for a Shelby yet, but they seem to have them for several different Mustang models.

What about just sending your stock one to a chromer. It might be cheaper.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys but I like to keep all the original parts.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Would like to save stock wheels and rubber for collectability before I wear them out. Any suggestions on drag radials for the rear and new shoes for the front. Am looking at 50resto for wheels. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I'm going to save the stock wheels as well, but probably not the rubber. Tires age with time, and are unsafe when too old (6+ years?), even when not used. If figure I'll just use them up.

I'm really leaning toward the American Racing Shelby Razor wheels. I'd like to have 18 x 9's on the front and 18 x 10's on the back, but I haven't gotten confirmation on the size availability for the GT500 version yet (not on website yet).

For those changing wheels, remember to have the tire pressure sensors moved over! The sensors will have to be retrained for the new tires/wheels.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I am leaning to the sames size configuration thanks keep me abreast.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Any feed back on offset and backspacing for 9" fronts and 10" rears? Prez I think I will take your advice and spread some rubber around on my stock shoes. No sense on saving tires that will degenerate with time. Thanks

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Any information on stock bolt pattern? I know the stock off set is +45mm but am not sure of bolt pattern, which I believe is of 5x4.5.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My suggestion on 18s is front Toyo 255x45x18s on 18x9s & rear 285x40x18 on 18x10 rears. I plan to run front Silver Metallic Replica GT-R 20x9s on Nitto 255x65x20s & rear 20x9s on 275x35x20s. This is one bad ass wheel & tire combo. I'll post pics as soon as my car gets in & yes it will be lowered.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
My suggestion on 18s is front Toyo 255x45x18s on 18x9s & rear 285x40x18 on 18x10 rears. I plan to run front Silver Metallic Replica GT-R 20x9s on Nitto 255x65x20s & rear 20x9s on 275x35x20s. This is one bad ass wheel & tire combo. I'll post pics as soon as my car gets in & yes it will be lowered.
Sounds like a great combination. I'm leaning towards a bullitt style wheel in anthracite. Kind of an old Cragar look and the anthracite will kind of blend with the tungstgen. I guess I'm showing my age once again. Rubber sounds right on.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I love the wheels so much I am pricing out a set of stock rims for posterity's sake, and will enjoy the hell out of these wheels. Rubber is an issue I will address when Old Abe tells me to. I will post pricing once I receive it from my honorable dealer. I say that because after all how many dealers are not joining in this shark feeding frenzy, if you know what I mean? As I previously mentioned a local dealer sold not one, but two uints at $25,000 over MSRP. A grabbber orange convertible with no upgrades and an ebony coupe.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I love the wheels so much I am pricing out a set of stock rims for posterity's sake, and will enjoy the hell out of these wheels. Rubber is an issue I will address when Old Abe tells me to. I will post pricing once I receive it from my honorable dealer. I say that because after all how many dealers are not joining in this shark feeding frenzy, if you know what I mean? As I previously mentioned a local dealer sold not one, but two uints at $25,000 over MSRP. A grabbber orange convertible with no upgrades and an ebony coupe.

Well God Bless his pocketbook.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts

I just think you are upset that Performance White is schooling Torch Red in the color preference of the Poll?:D:D How do feel about that oldimp?

1 - 20 of 81 Posts